Skip to main content

This site requires you to update your browser. Your browsing experience maybe affected by not having the most up to date version.

We've moved the forum!

Please use forum.silverstripe.org for any new questions (announcement).
The forum archive will stick around, but will be read only.

You can also use our Slack channel or StackOverflow to ask for help.
Check out our community overview for more options to contribute.

Archive /

Our old forums are still available as a read-only archive.

Moderators: martimiz, Sean, Ed, biapar, Willr, Ingo

Small issue with the Gallery module

Go to End

4 Posts   2530 Views

Iain_vdw

Community Member, 22 Posts

28 October 2008 at 10:40pm

Edited: 28/10/2008 10:41pm

Hi there,

I've got a weird issue with the Gallery module. Everything works fine, i can see photos etc. But whenever I enter text in the page texteditor, it appears twice on the page. It looks fine in the editor, but somehow it appears twice.

I'm using SS 2.2.2 and Gallery 0.2.2.

Some code excerpt from my template:

<div id="content">
	$Layout
	$Content
	$Form
</div>

This is where my gallery is shown.
If i remove $Layout, the gallery doesn't show up, text does.
If i remove $Content, the gallery displays, text is okay on that page (no double text), but then the content on the other pages has dissappeared.

I can't seem to figure out where it goes wrong...?

Iain_vdw

1 November 2008 at 2:11am

<bumpy>

Anyone?

Fuzz10

Community Member, 791 Posts

1 November 2008 at 4:12am

This is pretty hard to figure out "from the outside" but it definitely has something to do with your templates.... Make sure the structure of your templates is correct....

I can , for example imagine this happening :

In the case of a gallerypage :

In your main "page" template ... SS will bump into the $Layout so it will descend into the $Layout directory to see if there's any matching templates there ... And it will find the "Gallerypage" which in itself also calls $Content and $Form ... so voila , there are your doubles....

Good luck !

Iain_vdw

1 November 2008 at 4:40am

The only thing i have in the layout directory is a sitemap.ss file which contains $Sitemap, nothing that would call another instance of the page content... It could be that the Gallery module is trying to call $layout itself, but couldn't find it in the corresponding php files. I'll have another look around the php and js files of the gallery, maybe i overlooked something.