Skip to main content

This site requires you to update your browser. Your browsing experience maybe affected by not having the most up to date version.

We've moved the forum!

Please use forum.silverstripe.org for any new questions (announcement).
The forum archive will stick around, but will be read only.

You can also use our Slack channel or StackOverflow to ask for help.
Check out our community overview for more options to contribute.

Archive /

Our old forums are still available as a read-only archive.

Moderators: martimiz, Sean, Ed, biapar, Willr, Ingo

Image Gallery Extension: Testers Needed

Go to End

59 Posts   41332 Views

one2gamble

Community Member, 30 Posts

22 November 2008 at 5:44am

sorry, I had to restart the vm to check it. I rebuilt the database again and everything seems fine. Im not sure what happened the first time around, I am sure it was me though.

Im going to play with it now and see how everything works, thanks for your hard work.

UncleCheese

Forum Moderator, 4102 Posts

22 November 2008 at 5:47am

Yeah, no problem.. thanks for being a beta tester. Please let me know how everything goes. I'm anxious to iron out all the bugs.

itlinux

Community Member, 40 Posts

22 November 2008 at 7:48am

I am testing it and I like it very nice. However, the options not to select pictures from the import like I have pictures already loaded it's a little PITN. What I would like to see is that you can create sub (like family) and under family saying trip to CA, or Italy etc.. so not all the pictures are set in the same page... just sorted for you. I would be nice to have the main gallery page and being able to set a pointer to a image gallery page that you had. I did like the old options where you could use pictures and have sub... Maybe I am missing something..

Thanks,

Remo

UncleCheese

22 November 2008 at 7:55am

I see what you're saying. That's a great idea. So you already have a gallery set up, pictures uploaded, etc.. and you want an album to point to one of those galleries. I like it.

Other than that, you did figure out how to create albums, right? You don't have to have all your photos on the same page.

itlinux

22 November 2008 at 8:07am

well yes.. I wish we can use the photos already uploaded.. one thing I would do is to create a subset where you can say create a page without the gallery ablum but being able to attach to the ablum main page so you have a reg page with pictures, selecting the pictures you want the type of effects etc..maybe I am still missing a step.. If I create an album I would like to say use this folders for the pictures without having to upload them again.. hopefully it makes sense. you can write me to my remo@italy1.com if you want. (it does have antispam hehehe). Anyhow.. Great job.. (one thing I really would like is to have like a photoblog pictures like the main overview.. comments and able to link to a gallery).. Again GREAT JOB KEEP IT UP.

Remo

itlinux

22 November 2008 at 8:08am

forgot yes I do have the gallery up and running http://mattei.org

UncleCheese

22 November 2008 at 9:08am

I really like the idea. Thanks for the feedback. Glad you were able to make use of it.

The newest version (as of today) will skip over the "album overview" page if you only have one album. For users who don't want the albums feature, just leave the default album as your only album and put all photos there.

I'll work on getting your idea implemented, though.

itlinux

22 November 2008 at 9:59am

well i would not mind to give it a spin and see how it will work the newer version.. Thanks.

Remo