Skip to main content

This site requires you to update your browser. Your browsing experience maybe affected by not having the most up to date version.

We've moved the forum!

Please use forum.silverstripe.org for any new questions (announcement).
The forum archive will stick around, but will be read only.

You can also use our Slack channel or StackOverflow to ask for help.
Check out our community overview for more options to contribute.

Archive /

Our old forums are still available as a read-only archive.

Moderators: martimiz, Sean, Ed, biapar, Willr, Ingo

Image Gallery Extension: Testers Needed

Go to End

59 Posts   41332 Views

itlinux

Community Member, 40 Posts

25 November 2008 at 10:50am

Edited: 25/11/2008 10:57am

well it looks good except that it does not behave as it should. I specify that I want only 6 pictures in a row and it does not take that option.

also it puts the info at the bottom of the gallery I like it on the side.. Let me know which file to edit and I will.

Never mind I modified the css file and changed the 300 to 290 and looks good now.

Ciao,
Remo

UncleCheese

Forum Moderator, 4102 Posts

25 November 2008 at 11:08am

Good catch, Remo!

I've put in the fix and updated the zip file at the link. Here's the change you need:

ImageGalleryPage.php (line 181)

foreach( $items as $item ) {
$cpt++;

ImageGalleryPage.php (line 207)

$item->ThumbnailURL = Director::baseURL().$thumbImg->Filename;
$item->FirstItemLine = $cpt % $this->MediaPerLine == 1;
$item->LastItemLine = $cpt % $this->MediaPerLine == 0;

As for your display issue, it sounds CSS related. Do you have a link? You can probably just modify ImageGalleryPage.ss the way you want it. Or you can just make your own and put it in mysite/templates/Layout

itlinux

25 November 2008 at 12:06pm

that works fine..
GREAT JOB..

if you want to see it in action http://mattei.org then select image gallery it's there..

Remo

itlinux

26 November 2008 at 6:19pm

Hi there, you may want to consider a sub-album option where you can have the following:

Remo
-> Italy
-->Rome
--->2008
-->Milan
-> USA
--> July 2008

etc.. hopefully you get the idea.

Remo

one2gamble

Community Member, 30 Posts

27 November 2008 at 9:45am

I got it going and created but if I try to edit the page it seems to basically time out. I can make edits and changes to every other page without issue. I havent let it go on forever to see if it produces an error but it just seems to be hanging.

Any ideas?

UncleCheese

27 November 2008 at 9:54am

Is it happening just on creating a new page or editing an existing page, or both?

Here is what i would do..

First, make sure you're getting copied on the error emails in your _config.php:

Debug::send_errors_to('myemail@address.com');
Director::set_environment_type('dev');

If you're not getting a specific error report, then you can start hacking up the code to see where the problem is. Since getCMSFields() is the main function that runs when creating a page, strip out all the code and leave it as just

public function getCMSFields()
{
$f = parent::getCMSFields();
return $f;
}

See if it works then. If it does, go back to the original code and start removing form fields from the function until you find the line that's causing the problem.

Let me know how you do.

Laax

Community Member, 14 Posts

28 November 2008 at 2:19am

Edited: 28/11/2008 2:20am

Hi UncleCheese,
Just wanted to say that is a GREAT job you are doing. I think that so many of ss coders wanted the features you are building and few had the will to get to the path you are on. with the galery module, the hasmanyfilemanager and yours ss gonna rule the world lol.

Keep it up

UncleCheese

28 November 2008 at 5:16am

Merci bien, Laax! Je voyais que tu viens de France, alors je pensais essayer ma parlage francaise.

Langues etrangerres indterdites! :-)
---

Thanks, Laax! I saw you were from France, so I thought I'd try my French speaking.

Stay tuned for more updates, including nested albums!