Skip to main content

This site requires you to update your browser. Your browsing experience maybe affected by not having the most up to date version.

We've moved the forum!

Please use forum.silverstripe.org for any new questions (announcement).
The forum archive will stick around, but will be read only.

You can also use our Slack channel or StackOverflow to ask for help.
Check out our community overview for more options to contribute.

Archive /

Our old forums are still available as a read-only archive.

Moderators: martimiz, Sean, Ed, biapar, Willr, Ingo

Image Gallery Extension: Testers Needed

Go to End

59 Posts   41332 Views

Liam

Community Member, 470 Posts

4 November 2008 at 6:19am

One thing I noticed is that you're using shadowbox as the lightbox js script. This isn't free to use for commercial use, so including it would cause problems for those who aren't aware and are building for profit sites.

UncleCheese

Forum Moderator, 4102 Posts

4 November 2008 at 6:22am

Wow, I had no idea. Thanks for telling me. I've changed the code around so that it should be really easy to substitute any jQuery lightbox using the RelAttr() function in ImageGalleryFile.php.

Josh

SilverStripe Developer, 65 Posts

4 November 2008 at 10:12am

Hi Guys,

The local version I have been developing uses nyroModal which is released under the MIT license.

Aaron, can you please give me a week or so to merge my changes with your changes on the Gallery mod? Then I can release a beta version with all functionalities included, ready for testing.

Cheers,
Josh

UncleCheese

6 November 2008 at 3:44pm

Great! Look forward to seeing it. Thanks.

UncleCheese

16 November 2008 at 10:48am

New release with some minor improvements:

- Choose from 6 different Lightbox UI's: Shadowbox, Lightbox (two styles), Thickbox, Fancybox, and PrettyPhoto. (All jQuery).

- "Hide/show admin controls" option. If logged in as an admin, you still have the option of viewing the gallery like an end-user.

- New style changes, cleaner interface

- Access admin gallery directly by going to /my-gallery/admin, rather than having to log in separately and navigate manually to the gallery.

- A number of improvements to SWFUpload plug-in, as well, which is bundled with the Image Gallery module. Will post those changes separately.

UncleCheese

21 November 2008 at 4:50pm

Edited: 21/11/2008 4:51pm

New release..

Changes:

- Supports albums! No need to create several different pages under a "GalleryHoler" of some sort. Just add a new album in the Albums tab. Every gallery must have at least one album. By default, all new galleries get a "Default Album" that can be renamed.

- Bundled with my SortableDataObject extension. Allows arbitrary drag-and-drop sort for DataObject components on the front end. In this case, it allows the albums to be reordered through drag-and-drop on the gallery overview page. For more information on this extension, see http://www.silverstripe.com/extending-hacking-silverstripe-forum/flat/232711

- Move photos from one album to another

- Some minor style changes

To do:

- If a gallery only has the default album, gallery page should skip right to it. Shouldn't need to go through the overview page.

- Albums are not physical spaces on the server. They're just arbitrary database entries. It would be nice if they went to their own folder. For now, it poses some challenges to the "move photos" feature, so I'll leave it alone.

The demo:

Updated at http://imagegallery.carlinowebdesign.com
u: admin
p: password

one2gamble

Community Member, 30 Posts

22 November 2008 at 5:33am

the gallery is perfectly awesome but I cant seem to get it to install for whatever reason.

UncleCheese

22 November 2008 at 5:34am

Can you explain what's going on? It requires the SS Gallery module. Do you have that installed?