Skip to main content

This site requires you to update your browser. Your browsing experience maybe affected by not having the most up to date version.

Archive /

Our old forums are still available as a read-only archive.

Moderators: martimiz, Sean, biapar, Willr, Ingo, simon_w

Install hangs

3 Posts   899 Views

mhull

Community Member, 79 Posts

7 November 2008 at 12:58am

I am trying to install Silverstripe on my Easyspace Web Hosting. I have checked all the settings, all pass the install requirements and entered all my info on the install screen. Then it starts installing, and hangs... not going any further, going to a blank screen.

My hosting has updated my server to PHP5, and they have sorted the php.ini settings. But I still cant make it install. I have downloaded the "daily build of SS" and tried installing this too.

Any ideas?

Hamish

Community Member, 712 Posts

7 November 2008 at 10:36am

You don't get any messages at all? What about the database - if you have phpmyadmin can you see if any tables where created? Where exactly does it stop?

mhull

Community Member, 79 Posts

7 November 2008 at 12:20pm

It doesn't give me any errors at all, but wont load the next page. When I reload the silverstripe directory it goes back to the install screen and says that install has been made do I want to overwrite?

It has made the ht.access page with my database details, but doesn't create any database tables as far as I can see. No errors are shown at the install. Can you recommend a solution?