A cool reporting engine that Tim noticed a few months ago has been released. It might be useful on with Quin's Reporting project?
Emprise Corporation is pleased to announce the immediate availability of
which utilizes the <canvas> element and VML to provide cross-browser
compatible, interactive Web 2.0 charts.
EJSChart takes web charting to a new level by incorporating such features as
automatic axis scaling, zooming, scrolling, smart ticks and Ajax-driven data
loading. With its fully documented API, support for multiple chart types and
data retrieval methods, EJSChart is extremely quick and easy to implement in
any web site or web application that requires graphical display of data.
Major features included:
* Interactivity: Zooming, Scrolling, Hints, Mouse Tracking, Mouse
Events, Key Tracking Crosshairs.
* EJSChart will calculate and scale automatically to fit whatever
data it is presented with.
* Auto Zooming, Scrolling: Too much data and not enough screen real
estate? Show it all. Let your end users zoom in on the pieces
they're most interested in. Axis locking for single axis zoom,
scrolling and automatic axis scaling are all included.
* Multiple Chart Types: Line, Area, Scatter, Pie, Bar, Function and
Trend series are just the beginning. New custom series types are
* Ajax-Driven Data: EJSChart supports XML-formatted data and loads
data on the fly. New series can be added and data updated in
real time without page reloads.
* Compatible: Built with compatibility in mind and tested on all
major browsers, you can be assured your charts will function
consistently for the broadest range of end users.
worries of incompatible plugin versions or confusing security
* Fully documented API and many source code and chart examples
For additional information or to download a trial version, please visit