Skip to main content

This site requires you to update your browser. Your browsing experience maybe affected by not having the most up to date version.

We've moved the forum!

Please use forum.silverstripe.org for any new questions (announcement).
The forum archive will stick around, but will be read only.

You can also use our Slack channel or StackOverflow to ask for help.
Check out our community overview for more options to contribute.

Archive /

Our old forums are still available as a read-only archive.

Moderators: martimiz, Sean, Ed, biapar, Willr, Ingo

making advanced forms

Go to End

2 Posts   1658 Views

brendan

Community Member, 1 Post

12 November 2008 at 1:48am

i am trying to use SS to build a department website for the group i work for. i am looking to build more complex forms than what is available through the admin pages, but dont want to spend time learning php to that level. i wanted a framework that would deal with the code and let me generate content.

i find that i mostly get a "column of fields" as the form template is limited to that. it does not seem that i can have more that one field (be it any kind of field) on the same line, so no "rows of fields". say i wanted a textbox with associated checkboxes on the same line. this cant be done, as far as i can tell.

i also see that the text associated with radio buttons is not next to the radio button, but two carriage-returns below the button and interfering with the next radio button. i had three in total, if that makes a difference.

is there a module or something of the sort that will allow me to generate a more aesthetically pleasing and logically thought out form than the default? i am running the newest (v2.2.3) version linked to on the front page of this site.

Thank in advance

Nivanka

Community Member, 400 Posts

16 November 2008 at 6:46am

it will be easy to create a new page type and to do this.

I personally do that if I have to do any complex forms,

http://doc.silverstripe.com/doku.php?id=Form

this will help you to create one.