Skip to main content

This site requires you to update your browser. Your browsing experience maybe affected by not having the most up to date version.

Archive /

Our old forums are still available as a read-only archive.

Moderators: martimiz, Sean, biapar, Willr, Ingo, simon_w

making advanced forms

2 Posts   1243 Views

brendan

Community Member, 1 Post

12 November 2008 at 1:48am

i am trying to use SS to build a department website for the group i work for. i am looking to build more complex forms than what is available through the admin pages, but dont want to spend time learning php to that level. i wanted a framework that would deal with the code and let me generate content.

i find that i mostly get a "column of fields" as the form template is limited to that. it does not seem that i can have more that one field (be it any kind of field) on the same line, so no "rows of fields". say i wanted a textbox with associated checkboxes on the same line. this cant be done, as far as i can tell.

i also see that the text associated with radio buttons is not next to the radio button, but two carriage-returns below the button and interfering with the next radio button. i had three in total, if that makes a difference.

is there a module or something of the sort that will allow me to generate a more aesthetically pleasing and logically thought out form than the default? i am running the newest (v2.2.3) version linked to on the front page of this site.

Thank in advance

Nivanka

Community Member, 400 Posts

16 November 2008 at 6:46am

it will be easy to create a new page type and to do this.

I personally do that if I have to do any complex forms,

[url]http://doc.silverstripe.com/doku.php?id=Form[/url]

this will help you to create one.