Skip to main content

This site requires you to update your browser. Your browsing experience maybe affected by not having the most up to date version.

Archive /

Our old forums are still available as a read-only archive.

Moderators: martimiz, Sean, biapar, Willr, Ingo, simon_w

Querying multiple pages from ids in one db field

4 Posts   1119 Views

ChrisBryer

Community Member, 95 Posts

12 November 2008 at 6:54am

Edited: 12/11/2008 6:55am

hi everyone,
I have a 2x2 mysql table called 'Market' that contains an 'ID' column that maps to a Market's 'ID' in the SiteTree, and a 'MarketProducts' column that maps to ProductPage 'ID's in the SiteTree. here is what the table would look like:

ID | MarketProducts
24 | 25,26,28,29
27 | 25,29

on each Market's Page (who's id is contained in the first column, 'ID'), i want to display a Title and link to the ProductPages that are contained in the MarketProducts column. I am currently writing the controller for the class file, but am having problems with the DataObject::get method. here is what i have so far:

function Markets(){
      $MP = DataObject::get("ProductPage", "ID = $this->MarketProducts");
      return $MP;
   }

the MarketProducts datatype is Varchar, and contains multiple IDs, comma separated. not sure if that is messing me up, but i know the syntax is wrong because the whole front end breaks on the Market pages.

sorry if this is a little confusing. I would appreciate any help anyone is willing to offer.
Thaks again,
-Chris

ChrisBryer

13 November 2008 at 4:22am

just curious if anyone has any ideas on this. I would really appreciate some suggestions.

thanks,
-Chris

Fuzz10

Community Member, 787 Posts

13 November 2008 at 5:20am

Hi Chris...

So if I understand correctly , you need a one to many relationship between markets and products , right ?

SS can do this for you out of the box ...

Have a look at the following tutorial :

http://doc.silverstripe.com/doku.php?id=tutorial:5-dataobject-relationship-management&s=has%20many

Keep us posted on your progress !

ChrisBryer

14 November 2008 at 7:04am

that was exactly what i needed. thank you very much for your help.
-Chris