Skip to main content

This site requires you to update your browser. Your browsing experience maybe affected by not having the most up to date version.

Archive /

Our old forums are still available as a read-only archive.

Moderators: martimiz, Sean, biapar, Willr, Ingo, simon_w

Bilingual Site Module

Go to End

13 Posts   4594 Views

Nivanka

Community Member, 400 Posts

12 November 2008 at 6:08pm

Hi,

With reference to the Menu customization thread I posted, I said that I will put the codes somewhere on the forum, here you can find them ;)

A little Documentation for that

HOW IT WORKS:
- This module stores a page in two languages and manage a session to switch the site between those two, The menus, Content, Titles, change according to the selected language

INSTALLATION:
- Extract this folder to the root of your website and run a /db/build?flush=1
- Open the backend you will find a new page type called bilingual page.
- Currently I have added the flags of the UK and Spain you can replace them with any other.

HOW TO USE:
- There is nothing to worry about, all are clear fill in the inputs with the relevant language and then view your site. You will see the language selector on the top right hand corner. Select them and see

Would like to hear your comments about this..

Stan

Community Member, 1 Post

17 November 2008 at 1:16pm

Hi
That's very handy! Just what I was looking for, really.

However, the Breadcrumbs I have in my template don't get translated from one language to the other. Please, help.

Nivanka

17 November 2008 at 3:11pm

Edited: 17/11/2008 3:36pm

I will be do that fix to the next version of this, it is not done yet.

itlinux

Community Member, 40 Posts

18 November 2008 at 10:38am

well I installed this but I do not see it in the pull down menu. Any suggestions? Thanks. What files should I modify to make it in italian.

Remo

Nivanka

18 November 2008 at 3:48pm

Try to refresh the admin panel and see.

Nivanka

22 November 2008 at 4:11am

Edited: 26/11/2008 1:46pm

I finished my website project in which I used this code. I thought of posting the URL here as you can get an idea of the codes, and how it works.

[url]http://sitestudio.es[/url]

itlinux

Community Member, 40 Posts

22 November 2008 at 11:39am

nice my question is how can you link it to a page? example if in main page when I click on the other language it will show the main page info or does it change everything into the other lang? Thanks

remo

Nivanka

22 November 2008 at 2:10pm

on the bilingual page there are two htmleditor fields, two text fields for title and the menu titie.

Once a user selects a language then the BilingualPage creates a session, after that eash time when it retrieved the bilingual pages check what language is choosed and returns the relevant content in the relevant fields.

thats how it works.

Go to Top