Skip to main content

This site requires you to update your browser. Your browsing experience maybe affected by not having the most up to date version.

Archive /

Our old forums are still available as a read-only archive.

Moderators: martimiz, Sean, biapar, Willr, Ingo, simon_w

_exclude.php

Go to End

11 Posts   3686 Views

Nathan Cox

Community Member, 99 Posts

21 June 2007 at 11:54am

Hi, I was experimenting the other day and wanted to exclude certain directories from being processed. _exclude.php does the trick, but I was wondering if it wouldn't make more sense to have a way of specifying modules to EXCLUDE instead of INCLUDE.
With the current

ManifestBuilder::$restrict_to_modules = array(
'cms',
'jsparty',
'mysite',
'sapphire'
);

you have to update it every time you add a new module you want processed, right?
I think it would be handy to have the option of saying

ManifestBuilder::$exclude_modules = array(
'yoursite'
);

or even ManifestBuilder::$exclude_modules[] = 'yoursite';

Just a thought..

xmedeko

Community Member, 94 Posts

21 June 2007 at 2:13pm

_exclude.php is just what i need. thanks :-)

Sam

Administrator, 685 Posts

21 June 2007 at 10:38pm

The next version of SilverStripe requires the presence of an _config.php in each of your module folders. So that by default, non-SS folders won't be interpreted as part of SilverStripe.

Nathan Cox

Community Member, 99 Posts

22 June 2007 at 10:34am

That makes sense...speaking of which, do you guys have some kind of timeframe for 2.1?

Sigurd

Forum Moderator, 628 Posts

22 June 2007 at 6:15pm

It depends on Google Summer of Code to a big degree. The first milestone for their work is July 9 so hopefully shortly after that we'll be able to see how quickly all their work is going...

Markus

Google Summer of Code Hacker, 152 Posts

11 July 2007 at 10:22pm

I just committed a change to the ManifestBuilder to the GSoC branch so that now it is possible to exclude any directory (and all its subdirectories) from inclusion by adding a _manifest_exclude file.

The changes are in r38451. Maybe you can add that already to the 2.0.2 version since after reviewing the code.
It's a small change and but I think nevertheless it would help a lot of people.

Sigurd

Forum Moderator, 628 Posts

11 July 2007 at 11:16pm

I'm not sure it is needed when 2.0.2 automatically assumes folders are not to be included; you can download this code right now...

(as sam mentioned, you must specifically include each directory you want... )

Markus

Google Summer of Code Hacker, 152 Posts

12 July 2007 at 9:36pm

Edited: 12/07/2007 9:36pm

Is it not so that all (top-level) directories with an _config.php file and all of its subdirectories are automatically included?

With the patch you can exclude subdirectories and also directories of other applications that use an _config.php file.

Go to Top