Skip to main content

This site requires you to update your browser. Your browsing experience maybe affected by not having the most up to date version.

We've moved the forum!

Please use forum.silverstripe.org for any new questions (announcement).
The forum archive will stick around, but will be read only.

You can also use our Slack channel or StackOverflow to ask for help.
Check out our community overview for more options to contribute.

Archive /

Our old forums are still available as a read-only archive.

Moderators: martimiz, Sean, Ed, biapar, Willr, Ingo

_exclude.php

Go to End

11 Posts   5215 Views

Harshmage

Community Member, 12 Posts

18 March 2008 at 1:56pm

I hate to dig this back up, out of the proverbial graveyard, but it seems that this thread's topic never made it into 2.2.1. I have several branch sites that are simply http://site.com/subsite/, and these are interpreted by SS as part of the CMS, and pop up with the standard 404 message.
Where would the _exclude.php file go? In my root/mysite directory?

Hayden

Core Development Team, 19 Posts

19 March 2008 at 4:42pm

Yes, but the including via _exclude is a little bit confusing, and if you can you should upgrade.

Harshmage

Community Member, 12 Posts

20 March 2008 at 11:00am

I hate to be an ass, but upgrade to what? 2.2.2rc1? Sorry, but I tried that, and somewhere in the mix, SS didn't want to work.
I'm running on the latest version that is stable for public consumption. How much higher would I have to upgrade to use my subdomains?
My main gallery (Gallery2) is in its own folder now, and has its subdomain set accordingly. But when I go to gallery2.harshmage.com, SS tries to take over. Let's not even touch the fact that any non-standard objects in the /gallery folder for the SS Gallery module breaks the SS installation completely (which is where my Gallery2 site was until I figured out what was breaking SS and giving only the blank page of doom).
So I'll guess that _exclude.php goes under the /mysite folder, and the listing of non-SS pages get listed there.

Again, I'm sorry to be the grave digger, but it's not made to be even somewhat obvious.

Go to Top