Skip to main content

This site requires you to update your browser. Your browsing experience maybe affected by not having the most up to date version.

Archive /

Our old forums are still available as a read-only archive.

Moderators: martimiz, Sean, biapar, Willr, Ingo, simon_w

has_many Images

4 Posts   2719 Views

xmedeko

Community Member, 94 Posts

21 June 2007 at 3:39pm

Hi,

I have a Slideshow, which has many Images. (Particularly, Slideshow has_many SlideshowImage, and SlideshowImage has_one Image). The ImageField does not work with has_many relationship. What is the best way to have some has_many image chooser for CMS?

Thanks very much
Andy

Nathan Cox

Community Member, 99 Posts

21 June 2007 at 4:27pm

Maybe I'm misunderstanding, but why do you need has_many images? Wouldn't you make a lot of SlideshowImage objects and give each one a single image?

The Slideshow would then have a relationship to each SlideshowImage, but not directly to any actual images..

xmedeko

Community Member, 94 Posts

21 June 2007 at 6:12pm

The SlideshowImage has 'Sort' field, holding an information about the order of images in the slideshow. So, the link from Slideshow to Image is indirect through SlideshowImage.

I got it working, if I fill values in MySQL manually :-) My main problem is to make some nice multiple image chooser in the CMS.

Sam

Administrator, 685 Posts

21 June 2007 at 10:41pm

Currently no such form control exists, unfortunately. You'd need to create a class similar to ImageField yourself. If you manage to get this sort us, let us know how you get on.