Skip to main content

This site requires you to update your browser. Your browsing experience maybe affected by not having the most up to date version.

Archive /

Our old forums are still available as a read-only archive.

Moderators: martimiz, Sean, biapar, Willr, Ingo, simon_w

Problems with the silverstripe tinymce implementation

3 Posts   2793 Views

Davis

Community Member, 5 Posts

21 June 2007 at 8:44pm

I am updating a tinymce editor instance from within my javascript code like this:

tinyMCE.setContent(this.datems.Content);

where this.datems.Content contains html code such as: <h1>Some Header</h1>.

When I test this within an untouched copy of tinymce outside of the silverstripe cms I have no problems. It translates over beautifully. But when I run this within the silverstripe cms I get jumpled messes: primarily that it encodes my brackets so that I see the source code in the wysiwyg view. When I view the source of it I see something like &lt;p&gt;&amp;lt;h1&amp;gt;Some Text&amp;lt;/h1. Obviously the html is being rewritten.

So I took the plunge into the tiny_mce javascript and found the _setHTML method that silverstripe uses to intercept the setContent and updateContent methods. Within this method your all kinds of things are being rewritten.

My question is is what does _setHTML expect so that my code comes unscathed out the other side (ie: not having all the bracket characters of my HTML tags all construed).

cheers,
davis

Davis

Community Member, 5 Posts

25 June 2007 at 4:18pm

I have been able to unescape html characters for the tinyMCE, though it was a bit of a hack of the silverstripe system. I still have strange things happening like bolding of text visually being bolded but not 'sticking' when viewing the tinyMCE source code and when saving back out.

What I need to do is simple:
I have one tinyMCE instance within the CMS admin that I need to load html content into and get html content out of dynamically via javascript calls. I believe that silverstripe does this everytime a user navigates between pages. What is the best way to dynamically load and retrieve html content from the editor within silverstripe.

I am up against the gun on this project and would really appreciate a response as soon as possible.

BigB

Community Member, 9 Posts

1 August 2008 at 2:41pm

Hi, having the same problem... I don't see any responses yet did you find a solution? Thanks