Skip to main content

This site requires you to update your browser. Your browsing experience maybe affected by not having the most up to date version.

We've moved the forum!

Please use forum.silverstripe.org for any new questions (announcement).
The forum archive will stick around, but will be read only.

You can also use our Slack channel or StackOverflow to ask for help.
Check out our community overview for more options to contribute.

Archive /

Our old forums are still available as a read-only archive.

Moderators: martimiz, Sean, Ed, biapar, Willr, Ingo

Problems with the silverstripe tinymce implementation

Go to End

3 Posts   3465 Views

Davis

Community Member, 5 Posts

21 June 2007 at 8:44pm

I am updating a tinymce editor instance from within my javascript code like this:

tinyMCE.setContent(this.datems.Content);

where this.datems.Content contains html code such as: <h1>Some Header</h1>.

When I test this within an untouched copy of tinymce outside of the silverstripe cms I have no problems. It translates over beautifully. But when I run this within the silverstripe cms I get jumpled messes: primarily that it encodes my brackets so that I see the source code in the wysiwyg view. When I view the source of it I see something like &lt;p&gt;&amp;lt;h1&amp;gt;Some Text&amp;lt;/h1. Obviously the html is being rewritten.

So I took the plunge into the tiny_mce javascript and found the _setHTML method that silverstripe uses to intercept the setContent and updateContent methods. Within this method your all kinds of things are being rewritten.

My question is is what does _setHTML expect so that my code comes unscathed out the other side (ie: not having all the bracket characters of my HTML tags all construed).

cheers,
davis

Davis

Community Member, 5 Posts

25 June 2007 at 4:18pm

I have been able to unescape html characters for the tinyMCE, though it was a bit of a hack of the silverstripe system. I still have strange things happening like bolding of text visually being bolded but not 'sticking' when viewing the tinyMCE source code and when saving back out.

What I need to do is simple:
I have one tinyMCE instance within the CMS admin that I need to load html content into and get html content out of dynamically via javascript calls. I believe that silverstripe does this everytime a user navigates between pages. What is the best way to dynamically load and retrieve html content from the editor within silverstripe.

I am up against the gun on this project and would really appreciate a response as soon as possible.

BigB

Community Member, 9 Posts

1 August 2008 at 2:41pm

Hi, having the same problem... I don't see any responses yet did you find a solution? Thanks