Skip to main content

This site requires you to update your browser. Your browsing experience maybe affected by not having the most up to date version.

We've moved the forum!

Please use forum.silverstripe.org for any new questions (announcement).
The forum archive will stick around, but will be read only.

You can also use our Slack channel or StackOverflow to ask for help.
Check out our community overview for more options to contribute.

Archive /

Our old forums are still available as a read-only archive.

Moderators: martimiz, Sean, Ed, biapar, Willr, Ingo

SilverStripe HATES Windows MySQL

Go to End

5 Posts   1789 Views

Axonn

Community Member, 6 Posts

15 November 2008 at 2:49am

Hi everybody ::- D. My first post here. An unfortunate one, unfortunately ::- D.

I am trying to install SilverStripe on a Windows machine, with MySQL 5. And this is the error I get at install NO MATTER WHAT I DO.

That username/password doesn't work: Access denied for user 'SYSTEM'@'localhost' (using password: NO)

I DO NOT tell it "System". I use the root username with THE CORRECT password. I also tried OTHER usernames, same error. It keeps complaining about SYSTEM, SYSTEM, SYSTEM, arghhhhhhhh, it's driving me CRAZY!!!!!!!

Again, I repeat, I give it the correct password and everything. I also tried setting MySQL to accept 4.0 compatible security, NOTHING.

Some messages end with "please help, I'm desperate".

I will end with PLEASE HELP OR I'LL KILL MYSELF. Ok, I'm joking ::- ). But really, I'm at the limit of my imagination in solving this issue ::- (.

Nivanka

Community Member, 400 Posts

16 November 2008 at 6:10am

Are you running on WAMP?

I have installed SilverStripe on wamp with out any problem at all, sometime it might be a problem with the mysql host address.

Axonn

Community Member, 6 Posts

16 November 2008 at 10:54am

Edited: 16/11/2008 11:01am

Does the server exist -----> OK (localhost)

I used it with standard mysql.

Then I dumped that, and switched to XAMPP.

Same problem. It's a problem SilverStripe has with MySQL. I don't see why I MUST use WAMP. It's just a program pack, it should work with my configuration too. By the way, I installed SilverStripe today on a Linux server, I provided the correct credentials and same problem.

EDIT:

Damn ::- ( ... this isn't a SilverStripe problem so I apologize. But maybe somebody can still help. I run a PHP website on that machine AND IT WORKS, but for other SQL connections it does not work and I do not understand why. I get the same SYSTEM@ error even for this simple PHP code:

<?php
$dbConn;
$active;
$database;
$dbConn = mysql_connect('localhost', 'ffoll', 'testt');
$active = mysql_select_db('funfoll', $dbConn);
$database = 'funfoll';
if(!$dbConn) {
die("Couldn't connect to MySQL database");
}
?>

Hamish

Community Member, 712 Posts

16 November 2008 at 3:27pm

Might be your MySQL setup - do you know how to read the my.conf file? Post it here if you can.

Nivanka

Community Member, 400 Posts

16 November 2008 at 3:39pm

Also check whether the localhost is open for that user.