Skip to main content

This site requires you to update your browser. Your browsing experience maybe affected by not having the most up to date version.

Archive /

Our old forums are still available as a read-only archive.

Moderators: martimiz, Sean, biapar, Willr, Ingo, simon_w

SilverStripe HATES Windows MySQL

5 Posts   1285 Views

Axonn

Community Member, 6 Posts

15 November 2008 at 2:49am

Hi everybody ::- D. My first post here. An unfortunate one, unfortunately ::- D.

I am trying to install SilverStripe on a Windows machine, with MySQL 5. And this is the error I get at install NO MATTER WHAT I DO.

That username/password doesn't work: Access denied for user 'SYSTEM'@'localhost' (using password: NO)

I DO NOT tell it "System". I use the root username with THE CORRECT password. I also tried OTHER usernames, same error. It keeps complaining about SYSTEM, SYSTEM, SYSTEM, arghhhhhhhh, it's driving me CRAZY!!!!!!!

Again, I repeat, I give it the correct password and everything. I also tried setting MySQL to accept 4.0 compatible security, NOTHING.

Some messages end with "please help, I'm desperate".

I will end with PLEASE HELP OR I'LL KILL MYSELF. Ok, I'm joking ::- ). But really, I'm at the limit of my imagination in solving this issue ::- (.

Nivanka

Community Member, 397 Posts

16 November 2008 at 6:10am

Are you running on WAMP?

I have installed SilverStripe on wamp with out any problem at all, sometime it might be a problem with the mysql host address.

Axonn

Community Member, 6 Posts

16 November 2008 at 10:54am

Edited: 16/11/2008 11:01am

Does the server exist ----->   OK (localhost)

I used it with standard mysql.

Then I dumped that, and switched to XAMPP.

Same problem. It's a problem SilverStripe has with MySQL. I don't see why I MUST use WAMP. It's just a program pack, it should work with my configuration too. By the way, I installed SilverStripe today on a Linux server, I provided the correct credentials and same problem.

EDIT:

Damn ::- ( ... this isn't a SilverStripe problem so I apologize. But maybe somebody can still help. I run a PHP website on that machine AND IT WORKS, but for other SQL connections it does not work and I do not understand why. I get the same SYSTEM@ error even for this simple PHP code:

<?php
$dbConn;
$active;
$database;
$dbConn = mysql_connect('localhost', 'ffoll', 'testt');
      $active = mysql_select_db('funfoll', $dbConn);
      $database = 'funfoll';
      if(!$dbConn) {
         die("Couldn't connect to MySQL database");
      }
?>

Hamish

Community Member, 712 Posts

16 November 2008 at 3:27pm

Might be your MySQL setup - do you know how to read the my.conf file? Post it here if you can.

Nivanka

Community Member, 397 Posts

16 November 2008 at 3:39pm

Also check whether the localhost is open for that user.