Skip to main content

This site requires you to update your browser. Your browsing experience maybe affected by not having the most up to date version.

We've moved the forum!

Please use forum.silverstripe.org for any new questions (announcement).
The forum archive will stick around, but will be read only.

You can also use our Slack channel or StackOverflow to ask for help.
Check out our community overview for more options to contribute.

Archive /

Our old forums are still available as a read-only archive.

Moderators: martimiz, Sean, Ed, biapar, Willr, Ingo

Issues with requirement of a page with a URL of 'home'

Go to End

2 Posts   2522 Views

SLJ

Community Member, 23 Posts

23 June 2007 at 3:07am

I'm posting this after an IRC conversation with Elijah Lofgren

Issue:
I used the reorganize function in the CMS to move my home page to the end so "Home" is the last page not the first. SS keeps putting a home page at the beginning so now I have 2 of them. I tried renaming the new one to what I want to be the first page, but it keeps adding a home page if it doesn't see one already as the first page. My pages are: page1, page2, page3, Home. After I reorganized them like this I ended up with: Home, page1, page2, page3, Home. I tried renaming the new home page to "test" to see if renaming it would work. Now I have: Test, Home, page1, page2, page3, Home.

Environment: SS v2.0.1 PHP v5.2.0 Apache v2

The workaround Elijah helped me with was to rename the page I want to be the home with a Page name of "Home". This got it back to having a url of /home/ then I renamed it again with what I wanted and chose the option not to change the URL. This seems to work so far. Elijah said:

"I think it might be good to make post a bug saying that the requirement of a page with a URL of 'home' needs to be explicit (by not allowing the 'home' page to be deleted in the 1st place) or there should not be a requirement on a 'home' page at all."

I agree and so I am posting this. Thanks.

Sam

Administrator, 690 Posts

23 June 2007 at 12:01pm

Perhaps in the behaviour tab we could have a checkbox - "this page is the homepage". If you checked this, then it would deselect the previous homepage.