Skip to main content

This site requires you to update your browser. Your browsing experience maybe affected by not having the most up to date version.

We've moved the forum!

Please use forum.silverstripe.org for any new questions (announcement).
The forum archive will stick around, but will be read only.

You can also use our Slack channel or StackOverflow to ask for help.
Check out our community overview for more options to contribute.

Archive /

Our old forums are still available as a read-only archive.

Moderators: martimiz, Sean, Ed, biapar, Willr, Ingo

silverstripe with other application??

Go to End

4 Posts   1431 Views

bebabeba

Community Member, 193 Posts

17 November 2008 at 9:02pm

Hi!
I want know if is possible use silverstripe with othee application. I want use content to show the result of an other application. For example I want use solr to implement search and show result. so I want an I freame in silverstripe that give me the result of search. but I don't want convert result of search in a silverstripe object. (My application do everiting about search an show me how to see result). I don't know if this is clear..

Fuzz10

Community Member, 791 Posts

17 November 2008 at 10:31pm

Sure , Iframes are possible ...

What is it you exactly like to do ?

bebabeba

Community Member, 193 Posts

18 November 2008 at 5:29am

I want use solr to take data from a database (external to silvertripe), do query and show result. The results are displaies in a page html or xml and grafically they are ok. I want show this page in content page of silverstripe. so i thnk to insert ths parte in an iframe inside content. is this possible? In this case i want use to silverstripe to show data that are elaborated with an other application

Fuzz10

Community Member, 791 Posts

18 November 2008 at 9:11pm

You have a couple of options :

- Have look at the iFrame module ...
- Just create a Silverstripe template which creates the iFrame and loads the data.