Skip to main content

This site requires you to update your browser. Your browsing experience maybe affected by not having the most up to date version.

Archive /

Our old forums are still available as a read-only archive.

Moderators: martimiz, Sean, biapar, Willr, Ingo, simon_w

silverstripe with other application??

4 Posts   1042 Views

bebabeba

Community Member, 192 Posts

17 November 2008 at 9:02pm

Hi!
I want know if is possible use silverstripe with othee application. I want use content to show the result of an other application. For example I want use solr to implement search and show result. so I want an I freame in silverstripe that give me the result of search. but I don't want convert result of search in a silverstripe object. (My application do everiting about search an show me how to see result). I don't know if this is clear..

Fuzz10

Community Member, 787 Posts

17 November 2008 at 10:31pm

Sure , Iframes are possible ...

What is it you exactly like to do ?

bebabeba

Community Member, 192 Posts

18 November 2008 at 5:29am

I want use solr to take data from a database (external to silvertripe), do query and show result. The results are displaies in a page html or xml and grafically they are ok. I want show this page in content page of silverstripe. so i thnk to insert ths parte in an iframe inside content. is this possible? In this case i want use to silverstripe to show data that are elaborated with an other application

Fuzz10

Community Member, 787 Posts

18 November 2008 at 9:11pm

You have a couple of options :

- Have look at the iFrame module ...
- Just create a Silverstripe template which creates the iFrame and loads the data.