Skip to main content

This site requires you to update your browser. Your browsing experience maybe affected by not having the most up to date version.

Archive /

Our old forums are still available as a read-only archive.

Moderators: martimiz, Sean, biapar, Willr, Ingo, simon_w

Show in menu & missing content

4 Posts   1843 Views

benedictporter

Community Member, 16 Posts

18 November 2008 at 12:45am

I am building a site that uses part of it's Home page to hold content from a couple of subpages. I don't want these pages to show up in my dropdown menu so I have unchecked the 'Show in menu box' and now the content has disappeared from the Home page.

I'm using <% control Children %> to put the content there in the first place (I have a 'HomePage' page type with 'DidYouKnow' specified as its children). Is this the right thing to do? How do I get my content back without it appearing in the menu?

Code:
<div id="holder">
   <% control Children %>
      <div class="image">$Photo.SetWidth(96)</div>
      <div class="title"><h1>$Title</h1></div>
      <div class="text">$Content</div>
      <div class="clear"></div><!-- clearing div -->
   <% end_control %>
</div>

benedictporter

19 November 2008 at 11:58pm

I've managed to sort this now.

I wrote a jQuery script to apply the class .hideme to the menu items I wanted to disappear and used CSS to display: none;

Seemed a lot easier that trying to muck about with the code. If anyone has an alternative solution then I would love to hear it.

Liam

Community Member, 470 Posts

20 November 2008 at 2:19pm

<% control AllChildren %> will show all content, even those where the option to 'show in menu' is not checked.

benedictporter

20 November 2008 at 9:57pm

Thanks for that, LeeUmm. A very simple solution to a problem that had been driving me nuts for most of the day. Still, at least I learnt a little jQuery along the way which can't be a bad thing.