Skip to main content

This site requires you to update your browser. Your browsing experience maybe affected by not having the most up to date version.

Archive /

Our old forums are still available as a read-only archive.

Moderators: martimiz, Sean, biapar, Willr, Ingo, simon_w

Newletter to 12000

4 Posts   1090 Views

Phill

Community Member, 77 Posts

19 November 2008 at 1:23am

Edited: 19/11/2008 2:34am

Hi

We've recently put a clients website into silverstripe and they are planning on sending a promotional email to just over 12000 customers, has anyone tried sending an email to a group this large using silverstripe before. And do you think silverstripe is capable of sending this many email?

Also we are limied to sending 400 emails an hour is there a built in method of doing this or would we need to custom build this?

Thanks
Phil

Fuzz10

Community Member, 787 Posts

19 November 2008 at 2:41am

I am using the newsletter module for a customer. We are sending out a couple of thousand mails per run, well below 5k in total. The module is still pretty beta I'd say ; it works, but sometimes it displays weird behavior when sending mails. Personally, I would not depend on it for large amounts of mail at this point but rather use something like OEMPro...

Just my 2 cents ; maybe a core-dev can say something about the current status and the future of the newsletter module.

Liam

Community Member, 470 Posts

19 November 2008 at 8:14am

+1 for not using it for large amount of subscribers.

There is also no batch feature for splitting the amount of emails up. I think this would be a very important feature and one I've wanted for a while.

Fuzz10

Community Member, 787 Posts

19 November 2008 at 10:32am

I'm curious to hear from Silverstripe (the company) how they view the module in the "grand scheme of things" (moving towards an "application framework" and all) anyway. I don't know whether or not it is worth it to spend a lot of development on a newsletter module (and compete with the likes of OEMPro for example) ... This seems like a typical candidate-module to "spin off" to the community...

To be clear ; I'm just speculating and did not have contact with Silverstripe about this ....