Skip to main content

This site requires you to update your browser. Your browsing experience maybe affected by not having the most up to date version.

We've moved the forum!

Please use forum.silverstripe.org for any new questions (announcement).
The forum archive will stick around, but will be read only.

You can also use our Slack channel or StackOverflow to ask for help.
Check out our community overview for more options to contribute.

Archive /

Our old forums are still available as a read-only archive.

Moderators: martimiz, Sean, Ed, biapar, Willr, Ingo

Newletter to 12000

Go to End

4 Posts   1422 Views

Phill

Community Member, 81 Posts

19 November 2008 at 1:23am

Edited: 19/11/2008 2:34am

Hi

We've recently put a clients website into silverstripe and they are planning on sending a promotional email to just over 12000 customers, has anyone tried sending an email to a group this large using silverstripe before. And do you think silverstripe is capable of sending this many email?

Also we are limied to sending 400 emails an hour is there a built in method of doing this or would we need to custom build this?

Thanks
Phil

Fuzz10

Community Member, 791 Posts

19 November 2008 at 2:41am

I am using the newsletter module for a customer. We are sending out a couple of thousand mails per run, well below 5k in total. The module is still pretty beta I'd say ; it works, but sometimes it displays weird behavior when sending mails. Personally, I would not depend on it for large amounts of mail at this point but rather use something like OEMPro...

Just my 2 cents ; maybe a core-dev can say something about the current status and the future of the newsletter module.

Liam

Community Member, 470 Posts

19 November 2008 at 8:14am

+1 for not using it for large amount of subscribers.

There is also no batch feature for splitting the amount of emails up. I think this would be a very important feature and one I've wanted for a while.

Fuzz10

Community Member, 791 Posts

19 November 2008 at 10:32am

I'm curious to hear from Silverstripe (the company) how they view the module in the "grand scheme of things" (moving towards an "application framework" and all) anyway. I don't know whether or not it is worth it to spend a lot of development on a newsletter module (and compete with the likes of OEMPro for example) ... This seems like a typical candidate-module to "spin off" to the community...

To be clear ; I'm just speculating and did not have contact with Silverstripe about this ....