Skip to main content

This site requires you to update your browser. Your browsing experience maybe affected by not having the most up to date version.

We've moved the forum!

Please use forum.silverstripe.org for any new questions (announcement).
The forum archive will stick around, but will be read only.

You can also use our Slack channel or StackOverflow to ask for help.
Check out our community overview for more options to contribute.

Archive /

Our old forums are still available as a read-only archive.

Moderators: martimiz, Sean, Ed, biapar, Willr, Ingo

iframe around page.ss

Go to End

11 Posts   4128 Views

shox

Community Member, 21 Posts

19 November 2008 at 11:19am

hello everyone. im making a site and i have the following problem.
the site must have continuous music playing on the background.
The only option i found was to use an iframe around the main .ss page so that the outer part will stay the same and only the iframe will change.

Does anyone know another better way? if not, can someone point me where i should place the iframe?

thanks in advance,
harry

shox

20 November 2008 at 5:45am

anyone???

Fuzz10

Community Member, 791 Posts

20 November 2008 at 9:23am

Although it does not work 100 percent perfect.. You could also use something like XSPF player extended.

It supports auto-resume and works fairly well..

http://www.boutell.com/xspf/

shox

20 November 2008 at 9:33am

Thanks for the tip Fuzz10 although in my case i cant stop the playback of the music, it has to be fluent.
If someone can tell me which page calls the main page.ss i can probably put that in an iframe and call it like that (?).
If someone knows please share :)

Howard

Community Member, 215 Posts

20 November 2008 at 9:40am

Hi there,

This is an interesting problem, you could do it with ajax and just change the $Content of the page but this means it would be hard to change the page type and add extra variables if at all possible.

The iframe option could work. You create a pagetype "Player" and make your homepage this page. In the template for Player you only call the flash player and iframe for a different page which will actually hold your homepage content so the address is something like example.com/iframehome and for the pages inside the frame have the more standerd pagetype and template including all your navigation etc.... I think this would work but if others see problems then chime in

shox

20 November 2008 at 9:05pm

Hello howardgrigg and thanks for your answer. it sounds like a logical plan. i will try it today.
thanks

Fuzz10

Community Member, 791 Posts

20 November 2008 at 9:57pm

I would try to avoid the use of an Iframe to run your site ; you will definitely be punished SEO wise if you go that route.

shox

21 November 2008 at 4:58am

I know and i really dont like that. but its a must to have music. if i had the option i wouldnt put music, but the person who wants the site has it on a top level priority :S

any other ideas are welcome, but the music has to play non-stop, and with no pop-ups :S

Go to Top