Skip to main content

This site requires you to update your browser. Your browsing experience maybe affected by not having the most up to date version.

Archive /

Our old forums are still available as a read-only archive.

Moderators: martimiz, Sean, biapar, Willr, Ingo, simon_w

Successful installation -> Failed installation

7 Posts   2312 Views

KatB

Community Member, 94 Posts

26 June 2007 at 6:57pm

Edited: 26/06/2007 7:42pm

It was working, I had the CMS up and running, and it sort of failed at creating a page (it got a great big nasty red screen over the top with some sort of AJAX error) so I shut it all down to start back up, except now it doesn't start back up.

If I re-install over the top, should I remove my current 403/404/500 error pages redirects?

Edit: Dang I spoke too soon. Inexplicably, it has returned!
Is there anyway to change the admin username and password?
Edit: Yes, through phpMyAdmin.

I am still receiving the big nasty angry red screen, is this some sort of conflict with my redirects? (Ajax evaluator line 973: syntax error)

Is there some idiots guide to converting a static site to Silverstripe somewhere that takes into account the angry red screen of badness?

elijahlofgren

Google Summer of Code Hacker, 222 Posts

27 June 2007 at 4:15am

Hi KatB,

Sorry about the problems you are running into.

> I am still receiving the big nasty angry red screen, is this some sort of conflict with my redirects? (Ajax evaluator line 973: syntax error)

Usually there is some other error after the "Ajax evaluator line 973: syntax error" one. Could you try copying and pasting the entire long error here? I might be able to help.

Usually the errors that I get there are PHP notices about undefined variables and are quite easy to fix.

Hopefully we can get those errors fixed. :)

> Is there some idiots guide to converting a static site to Silverstripe somewhere that takes into account the angry red screen of badness?

Sadly, not that I know of. I think SilverStripe would really benefit from a tutorial like that.

Any volunteers to write a guide for this in the wiki? http://doc.silverstripe.com/doku.php

Blessings,

Elijah Lofgren

KatB

27 June 2007 at 11:57am

Edited: 27/06/2007 12:26pm

Actually the 403 Forbidden error page comes up, underneath.That is the only message I get, I can't see any reference to any variables, sorry.

Removing my error redirect and error page I receive:
You don't have permission to access silverstripe-v2.0/admin/getitem on this server

Does that say anything more?

elijahlofgren

Google Summer of Code Hacker, 222 Posts

27 June 2007 at 2:28pm

> You don't have permission to access silverstripe-v2.0/admin/getitem on this server

I asked Andrew and he said this error could possibly be caused by mod_security.

I found these instructions for disabling mod_security:
http://www.mydigitallife.info/2006/10/21/remove-and-uninstall-or-disable-modsecurity-mod_security/

Hope this helps,

Elijah

KatB

27 June 2007 at 3:29pm

Does mod_security need to be disabled for the entire site, or just for the subdirectory where the CMS resides?

Andy

230 Posts

27 June 2007 at 4:06pm

I assume just the directory, but I'm not entirely sure. I'm not entirely sure mod_security is the problem either, but it is likely.

KatB

27 June 2007 at 4:23pm

I added the lines to the .htaccess file in the subdirectory and it worked :))

I'm hoping it's all smooth sailing from this point on. I'm also hoping I'm not speaking too soon!