Skip to main content

This site requires you to update your browser. Your browsing experience maybe affected by not having the most up to date version.

We've moved the forum!

Please use forum.silverstripe.org for any new questions (announcement).
The forum archive will stick around, but will be read only.

You can also use our Slack channel or StackOverflow to ask for help.
Check out our community overview for more options to contribute.

Archive /

Our old forums are still available as a read-only archive.

Moderators: martimiz, Sean, Ed, biapar, Willr, Ingo

Successful installation -> Failed installation

Go to End

6 Posts   2796 Views

KatB

Community Member, 105 Posts

26 June 2007 at 6:57pm

Edited: 26/06/2007 7:42pm

It was working, I had the CMS up and running, and it sort of failed at creating a page (it got a great big nasty red screen over the top with some sort of AJAX error) so I shut it all down to start back up, except now it doesn't start back up.

If I re-install over the top, should I remove my current 403/404/500 error pages redirects?

Edit: Dang I spoke too soon. Inexplicably, it has returned!
Is there anyway to change the admin username and password?
Edit: Yes, through phpMyAdmin.

I am still receiving the big nasty angry red screen, is this some sort of conflict with my redirects? (Ajax evaluator line 973: syntax error)

Is there some idiots guide to converting a static site to Silverstripe somewhere that takes into account the angry red screen of badness?

elijahlofgren

Google Summer of Code Hacker, 222 Posts

27 June 2007 at 4:15am

Hi KatB,

Sorry about the problems you are running into.

> I am still receiving the big nasty angry red screen, is this some sort of conflict with my redirects? (Ajax evaluator line 973: syntax error)

Usually there is some other error after the "Ajax evaluator line 973: syntax error" one. Could you try copying and pasting the entire long error here? I might be able to help.

Usually the errors that I get there are PHP notices about undefined variables and are quite easy to fix.

Hopefully we can get those errors fixed. :)

> Is there some idiots guide to converting a static site to Silverstripe somewhere that takes into account the angry red screen of badness?

Sadly, not that I know of. I think SilverStripe would really benefit from a tutorial like that.

Any volunteers to write a guide for this in the wiki? http://doc.silverstripe.com/doku.php

Blessings,

Elijah Lofgren

KatB

27 June 2007 at 11:57am

Edited: 27/06/2007 12:26pm

Actually the 403 Forbidden error page comes up, underneath.That is the only message I get, I can't see any reference to any variables, sorry.

Removing my error redirect and error page I receive:
You don't have permission to access silverstripe-v2.0/admin/getitem on this server

Does that say anything more?

elijahlofgren

Google Summer of Code Hacker, 222 Posts

27 June 2007 at 2:28pm

> You don't have permission to access silverstripe-v2.0/admin/getitem on this server

I asked Andrew and he said this error could possibly be caused by mod_security.

I found these instructions for disabling mod_security:
http://www.mydigitallife.info/2006/10/21/remove-and-uninstall-or-disable-modsecurity-mod_security/

Hope this helps,

Elijah

KatB

27 June 2007 at 3:29pm

Does mod_security need to be disabled for the entire site, or just for the subdirectory where the CMS resides?

KatB

27 June 2007 at 4:23pm

I added the lines to the .htaccess file in the subdirectory and it worked :))

I'm hoping it's all smooth sailing from this point on. I'm also hoping I'm not speaking too soon!