Skip to main content

This site requires you to update your browser. Your browsing experience maybe affected by not having the most up to date version.

Archive /

Our old forums are still available as a read-only archive.

Moderators: martimiz, Sean, biapar, Willr, Ingo, simon_w

Problems adding Page types and others

6 Posts   1602 Views

vivianurvi

Community Member, 5 Posts

21 November 2008 at 11:11am

I'm developing the tutorial and i've followed all steps but when I try to add a new page type i do all the tutorial says but they don't appear in the page type list. I built the datadase, I flushed and nothing. Could ypu help me please???

Willr

Forum Moderator, 5513 Posts

21 November 2008 at 1:47pm

Couple things to check - if you installed with 2.2.3 and the tutorial theme make sure your code is in tutorial/code/ otherwise it should be in mysite/code/. Make sure your new page type has the correct code eg its at least like.

<?php
class PageType extends Page {}
class PageType_Controller extends Page_Controller {}
?>

vivianurvi

29 November 2008 at 9:11am

Edited: 29/11/2008 9:12am

I must be doing something wrong. I did what you said but I still have the same problem. For example the Page Type ArticlePage doesn't appear and it's the code:

<?php

/**
* Defines the ArticlePage page type
*/
class ArticlePage extends Page {
   static $db = array(
      'Date' => 'Date',
      'Author' => 'Text'
   );
   static $has_one = array(
   );
   static $defaults = array(
      'ProvideComments' => true
   );
   static $icon = "mysite/images/treeicons/news";

function getCMSFields() {
      $fields = parent::getCMSFields();

$fields->addFieldToTab('Root.Content.Main', new CalendarDateField('Date'), 'Content');
      $fields->addFieldToTab('Root.Content.Main', new TextField('Author'), 'Content');

return $fields;
   }
}

class ArticlePage_Controller extends Page_Controller {

}

?>

What's wrong with that code?????

Willr

Forum Moderator, 5513 Posts

1 December 2008 at 12:42pm

Did you install with the tutorial option (rather then the blackcandy) and that file inside tutorial/code/

vivianurvi

2 December 2008 at 4:09am

I uninstalled and installed again and I found this that could be the reason of my problems:

File permissions
Does the webserver know where files are stored? OK (C:\wamp\www\silverstripe-v2.2.3/)
mysite/ folder exists OK
sapphire/ folder exists OK
cms/ folder exists OK
jsparty/ folder exists OK

Is the .htaccess file writeable? Unable to detect whether I can write to files. Please ensure C:\wamp\www\silverstripe-v2.2.3/.htaccess is writable.
Is the mysite/ folder writeable? Unable to detect whether I can write to files. Please ensure C:\wamp\www\silverstripe-v2.2.3/mysite is writable.
Is the tutorial/ folder writeable? Unable to detect whether I can write to files. Please ensure C:\wamp\www\silverstripe-v2.2.3/tutorial is writable.
Is the assets/ folder writeable? Unable to detect whether I can write to files. Please ensure C:\wamp\www\silverstripe-v2.2.3/assets is writable.
Is the temporary folder writeable? OK

Could it be the problem?? if it's the problem, how can I fix it??

Thank you!!

vivianurvi

2 December 2008 at 4:16am

thank you for all, I fixed it already!!.