Skip to main content

This site requires you to update your browser. Your browsing experience maybe affected by not having the most up to date version.

We've moved the forum!

Please use forum.silverstripe.org for any new questions (announcement).
The forum archive will stick around, but will be read only.

You can also use our Slack channel or StackOverflow to ask for help.
Check out our community overview for more options to contribute.

Archive /

Our old forums are still available as a read-only archive.

Moderators: martimiz, Sean, Ed, biapar, Willr, Ingo

Installation - "Building database schema... " Freeze

Go to End

5 Posts   2264 Views

growin

Community Member, 41 Posts

30 November 2008 at 8:06am

Edited: 01/12/2008 5:32am

Ok, this is a continuation of the topic, "Installation on Unix" but since it's gotten a bit more specific to the installation, I moved it here. I looked through my hosts Plesk and found a log area that I'm hoping will determine where the problem is. Line 41 & 42 for MySQLDatabase.php seem to come up a few times. I'd really appreciate some guidance in my next step to fixing the installation. Thanks!

[Sat Nov 29 08:21:41 2008] [error] [client 216.113.194.164] PHP Warning: mysql_connect() [<a href='function.mysql-connect'>function.mysql-connect</a>]: Access denied for user 'tsc'@'localhost' (using password: NO) in /var/www/vhosts/tscnursery.com/httpdocs/sapphire/core/model/MySQLDatabase.php on line 41

Willr

Forum Moderator, 5523 Posts

30 November 2008 at 6:28pm

Well I think that error is pretty straight forward - Access denied for user 'tsc'@'localhost' (using password: NO). Your username is ether wrong or you need to a use a password.

growin

1 December 2008 at 6:43am

I didn't think that was the issue as I had just created the database and user & password. This morning I could no longer access index.php or install.php. I re-ftp'd everything, redid the database & user and still no install.php. Currently I'm only getting a blank page on install.php and going nowhere faster. Thoughts?

growin

1 December 2008 at 7:54am

After several ftp's I was able to get the index.php for install. I tried every variation including removal of database, re-adding database and user. I think this is a problem with the host so I'll call them on Monday. Thanks.

growin

3 December 2008 at 5:54am

Turns out the DNS was pointing to a non-existant MySQL on the existing Windows server instead of the non-live Unix setup I was trying to get going. The host is fixing a test site that'll work. Thanks for the help.