Skip to main content

This site requires you to update your browser. Your browsing experience maybe affected by not having the most up to date version.

We've moved the forum!

Please use forum.silverstripe.org for any new questions (announcement).
The forum archive will stick around, but will be read only.

You can also use our Slack channel or StackOverflow to ask for help.
Check out our community overview for more options to contribute.

Archive /

Our old forums are still available as a read-only archive.

Moderators: martimiz, Sean, Ed, biapar, Willr, Ingo

Content area missing in admin

Go to End

6 Posts   2448 Views

powla

Community Member, 11 Posts

4 December 2008 at 6:39pm

I've attached a copy of my admin area of a brand new installation of SS v2.2.3, whereby the GUI is not present at all, so I'm unable to make any changes. Can anyone point me in the right direction ?

Liam

Community Member, 470 Posts

4 December 2008 at 8:19pm

What browser are you using? That's pretty odd, though I know Safari won't work with tinymce's version in 2.2.x.

This is fixed and works fine in SS 2.3 with the latest build of tinymce.

powla

5 December 2008 at 1:11am

I've tried vieweing it in Firefox 3 & IE7. The problem occurs in both browsers.

Willr

Forum Moderator, 5523 Posts

5 December 2008 at 11:04am

Well it looks like none of the toolbar images have loaded either. Could be a corrupt / missing file which is stopping anything from loading. Or it could be a javascript error.

Try recopying the files again to the server and then refresh the admin.

powla

5 December 2008 at 11:24am

Edited: 05/12/2008 11:31am

I've re-uploaded: tinymce.template.js & TinyMCEImageEnhancement.js within the cms/js folder. Is that all ?

...still not working.

textura

Community Member, 3 Posts

6 December 2008 at 12:44pm

I have the same problem and have tried a variety of browsers and operating systems to try and move forward. I get different results with different browsers but always have the same end result, unable to edit content.

With my default browser, Firefox, there are a number of errors with the css files as follows:

Error in parsing padding-bottom line 420 (padding-bottom: expression('35px');) in cms-right.css

Error in parsing line-height line 30 (line-height: auto;) in FieldEditor.css

Error in parsing padding-right line 105 (padding-right: -3px;) in FieldEditor.css

Error in parsing filter line 57 (filter:mask();) in TreeDropDownField.css

There is also a Javascript error

window[baseClassName] is undefined at Line 36 of behaviour.js (in jsparty directory)

IE6, Opera 9 show the image boxes for the wysiwg editor with only 4 of them as actual images. However, I have noted that when I use IE, I get the Javascript warning which says the webpage contains errors:

The error 'Object doesn't support this property or method' is reported against

Line 34 of behaviour.js (in jsparty directory) and Line 64 of SideTabs.js (in cms/javascript directory)

Hope this helps in moving things forward.