Skip to main content

This site requires you to update your browser. Your browsing experience maybe affected by not having the most up to date version.

We've moved the forum!

Please use forum.silverstripe.org for any new questions (announcement).
The forum archive will stick around, but will be read only.

You can also use our Slack channel or StackOverflow to ask for help.
Check out our community overview for more options to contribute.

Archive /

Our old forums are still available as a read-only archive.

Moderators: martimiz, Sean, Ed, biapar, Willr, Ingo

list of database and other website commands?

Go to End

6 Posts   2409 Views

tinatoerat

Community Member, 16 Posts

4 December 2008 at 8:53pm

Where will I find documentation (or another interface) for site and database manipulation commands, such as dbflush? What other things should I know about at this level.

Thanks,

Anita

Willr

Forum Moderator, 5523 Posts

5 December 2008 at 11:28am

the doc wiki is a good place to start, It has a couple pages which list commands etc. I will whip up some cheatsheets some time to provide a definite list in 1 place.

http://doc.silverstripe.com/doku.php?id=built-in-page-controls lists all the template controls. Quick a few of the commands are undocumented just because they are being added / removed / refactored all the time.

As for things to know at this level its great to just follow the tutorials and get your head round those, once you get through those you should have a pretty decent understanding

tinatoerat

5 December 2008 at 6:13pm

This, unfortunately, is not a helpful response. The page you mentioned showed no sign of the sort of commands I am looking for.

Perhaps, one day, when I have got my head around all the rest of the stuff, I will build an admin interface.

ajshort

Community Member, 244 Posts

5 December 2008 at 7:20pm

Is http://doc.silverstripe.com/doku.php?id=urlvariabletools what you were looking for perhaps?

tinatoerat

5 December 2008 at 7:23pm

Yes, indeedy it is. Thanks. (now I don't have to feel bad about not building that interface right aways)

ajshort

Community Member, 244 Posts

5 December 2008 at 8:11pm

Once you upgrade to 2.3 (if you haven't already) I would reccomend checking out yoursite.com/dev - it contains a stack of tools (environment builder, tasks, tests etc.) in a pretty nice interface.