Skip to main content

This site requires you to update your browser. Your browsing experience maybe affected by not having the most up to date version.

Archive /

Our old forums are still available as a read-only archive.

Moderators: martimiz, Sean, biapar, Willr, Ingo, simon_w

Extending 'Image' has broken 'files & Images'

5 Posts   1753 Views

Carbon Crayon

Community Member, 598 Posts

5 December 2008 at 3:24am

Edited: 05/12/2008 3:27am

Hi guys

I have extended the image class so that I can use custom GD resizing but it seems to have broken my files & images section in the CMS which brings up the following error:

Fatal error: Class 'DailyImage' not found in C:\wamp\www\silverstripeSDE\sapphire\filesystem\Folder.php on line 107

The code which extends image is in Page.php and reads:

class DailyImage extends Image {
function generateThumbnailImage($gd) {
$gd->setQuality(75);
return $gd->croppedResize(178,105);
}
}

I had a look in Folder.php but cant figure out whats going on :S
any ideas?

Thanks in advance

Willr

Forum Moderator, 5513 Posts

5 December 2008 at 11:07am

Have you done a DB build?. You might also need to make sure that class is in a seperate file eg DailyImage.php so SS can pick up that class

Carbon Crayon

5 December 2008 at 12:33pm

Edited: 05/12/2008 12:38pm

perfect thanks Willr, it needed to go into its own file.

I will correct the tutorial in the docs that said to put it in Page.php

thanks for your help :)

EDIT: hmmm how would I go about editing the docs for this? Am I wrong in thinking its like the wiki where anyone can edit? I can't seem to edit with my forum login....do I need a special login?

Willr

Forum Moderator, 5513 Posts

5 December 2008 at 12:47pm

Yes the wiki + open.silverstripe.com both use different login systems to the forum. You can register at http://doc.silverstripe.com/doku.php?id=start&do=register

Carbon Crayon

5 December 2008 at 3:05pm

OK I know why this was going wrong, if you want to include the image extention class inside Page.php then it needs to be in the form PageName_Classname so in my example it would need to be called 'Page_DailyImage'. Otherwise it needs to go into its own file.

I have added another line to the description on this page to make this clear: [url]http://doc.silverstripe.com/doku.php?id=imageupload[/url]

thanks for your help willr!