Skip to main content

This site requires you to update your browser. Your browsing experience maybe affected by not having the most up to date version.

We've moved the forum!

Please use forum.silverstripe.org for any new questions (announcement).
The forum archive will stick around, but will be read only.

You can also use our Slack channel or StackOverflow to ask for help.
Check out our community overview for more options to contribute.

Archive /

Our old forums are still available as a read-only archive.

Moderators: martimiz, Sean, Ed, biapar, Willr, Ingo

Relational Database Tutorial

Go to End

andyf

Community Member, 1 Post

5 December 2008 at 11:53am

Edited: 05/12/2008 12:13pm

Hi, wondering if anyone else has had trouble with the 5th tutorial.

I've tried this a few times from the beginning and each time get stuck around the adding students stage - it doesn't add all the students to the database, just some of them, and those might turn up a few minutes after I've added them, while others never turn up.

Any ideas to combat this truancy?

I'm really liking Silverstripe, and the first four tutorials have given me a good idea of the basics, but I'm hitting a wall here.

A couple of other points about the 5th tutorial:
The next tutorial link on the 4th tutorial goes straight to the 6th, about site maps (and there's no other inter-tutorial navigation).
Tutorials 5 and 6 are done with the Blackcandy theme, after the first four are with the other theme and 6 is done from the mysite directory instead of the tutorial directory. Is this obvious how to change directories?
One other very minor point, (but which did confuse me for a while) in Tutorial 5 the <?php ... ?> are missing.
The 'Please use comments' at the bottom, where are they? - maybe there could be a forum just for the tutorials?

But otherwise, good job.

***Edit: Just found the comments - I had Javascript turned off***