Skip to main content

This site requires you to update your browser. Your browsing experience maybe affected by not having the most up to date version.

Archive /

Our old forums are still available as a read-only archive.

Moderators: martimiz, Sean, biapar, Willr, Ingo, simon_w

Fatal error: DATABASE ERROR: Couldn't connect to MySQL database in C:\wamp\www\silverstripe-v2.2.3\sapphire\core\model\Database.php on line 431

3 Posts   3765 Views

Brigham

Community Member, 5 Posts

9 December 2008 at 1:40pm

Kia ora (it means hi). I am installing SilverStripe for the first time and went to my browser, inserted the URL: localhost:3000/silverstripe-v2.2.3/. It did what is was suppose to do, i ticked the "empty template, ready to begin the tutorial", clicked on "Install SilverStripe" and got a page that said a whole lot of things, one of them being something like: if this doesn't work, refresh your browser--i did and then ticked the "empty template..." box again and clicked "install SiverStripe" then got this page and it won't do anything else:

Warning: mysql_connect() [function.mysql-connect]: Access denied for user 'root'@'localhost' (using password: NO) in C:\wamp\www\silverstripe-v2.2.3\sapphire\core\model\MySQLDatabase.php on line 41

Warning: mysql_select_db(): supplied argument is not a valid MySQL-Link resource in C:\wamp\www\silverstripe-v2.2.3\sapphire\core\model\MySQLDatabase.php on line 42

Fatal error: DATABASE ERROR: Couldn't connect to MySQL database in C:\wamp\www\silverstripe-v2.2.3\sapphire\core\model\Database.php on line 431

---

any recommendations on what i need to do now? Thanks.

Hamish

Community Member, 712 Posts

9 December 2008 at 3:26pm

have a look at /mysite/_config.php

First of all, it should exist. If not, run the installer again.

Second of all, it should contain something like

$databaseConfig = array(
   "type" => "MySQLDatabase",
   "server" => "localhost",
   "username" => "root",
   "password" => "",
   "database" => "blahblah",
);

make sure all those details are correct.

Third of all, are you sure your mysql database is running and accessible with the supplied credentials?

Brigham

Community Member, 5 Posts

9 December 2008 at 9:42pm

Thanks for your reply. the /mysite/_config.php does not exist. I tried re-installing it and still the same. I viewed the video and followed those instructions (installed wamp; unzipped SilverStripe; put it in the www folder; copied some file; changed its name..... and then error. Very sure i followed the video exactly.