Skip to main content

This site requires you to update your browser. Your browsing experience maybe affected by not having the most up to date version.

We've moved the forum!

Please use forum.silverstripe.org for any new questions (announcement).
The forum archive will stick around, but will be read only.

You can also use our Slack channel or StackOverflow to ask for help.
Check out our community overview for more options to contribute.

Archive /

Our old forums are still available as a read-only archive.

Moderators: martimiz, Sean, Ed, biapar, Willr, Ingo

SilverStripe 2.0.2-rc1

Go to End

35 Posts   79700 Views

Sigurd

Forum Moderator, 628 Posts

12 July 2007 at 5:00pm

Edited: 12/07/2007 5:01pm

Matt/Sam/Andy. The warning that I raised also existed in 2.0.1 so unless its really obvious and simple to fix, I say hold off!

Here's an excerpt from me just installing 201:

Installing SilverStripe...

I am now running through the installation steps (this should take about 30 seconds)

If you receive a fatal error, refresh this page to continue the installation
# Creating 'assets' folder...
# Creating 'mysite/_config.php'...
# Creating '.htaccess' file...
# Building database schema...
# Waiting until the the database is created before compiling the manifest

Warning: None of these templates can be found: ErrorPage.ss, Page.ss, ContentController.ss in /sites/dev.silverstripe.com/smagnusson/sigtest/silverstripe-v2.0/sapphire/core/SSViewer.php on line 53
# Populating initial content and administrative account

Sigurd

12 July 2007 at 5:15pm

Edited: 12/07/2007 5:17pm

Here's an idea. Given if you get a warning with SilverStripe (low memory), your site may not install properly, I don't think we need to delay the release to make it work when the warning shows.

People will attribute any issues back to the warning they saw.

Secondly, if the installer says everything is sweet, there are no known errors. Except for a meaningless warning that pops up for about 200ms that's been around for months anyway.

So... I say we release it as-is, but work on fixing the above issues shortly, on the basis that 202 is known to be superior than 201, and we need some lead-in time before OSCON, and I want to release the newsletter in the next few days.

Tim

Community Member, 201 Posts

12 July 2007 at 8:21pm

Edited: 12/07/2007 8:22pm

If the issues is detecting the amount of memory allocated to PHP before installing is sufficient, will the memory_get_usage
function help?

Also, somewhat related is this article on 5.20 memory management

elijahlofgren

Google Summer of Code Hacker, 222 Posts

14 July 2007 at 3:44pm

> SilverStripe 2.0.2-rc3 is released.

Andy, the "Insert Flash" button is broken on 2.0.2-rc3, I've posted a 2 line patch that fixes it.

Hope this helps,

Elijah

Sigurd

14 July 2007 at 4:01pm

I've renamed 202rc3 to SilverStripe 2.02 official release, so those with 202rc3 have the same as 202 official, no need to upgrade :)

Please let us know of any bugs! :)

We'll work on releasing the windows version now

elijahlofgren

Google Summer of Code Hacker, 222 Posts

14 July 2007 at 4:25pm

> Please let us know of any bugs! :)

Using silverstripe-v2.0.2-rc3, I get this error when I go to /db/build:
Fatal error: Class 'BasiAuth' not found in silverstripe202rc3/sapphire/core/model/DatabaseAdmin.php on line 45

Fix:

--- sapphire/core/model/DatabaseAdmin.php       2007-07-10 23:01:09.000000000 -0500
+++ sapphire/core/model/DatabaseAdmin-fixed.php 2007-07-13 23:20:26.000000000 -0500
@@ -42,7 +42,7 @@

function build() {
                if(Director::isLive() && ClassInfo::hasTable('Member') && ClassInfo::hasTable('Group') && ClassInfo::hasTable('Permission')) {
-                       BasiAuth::requireLogin("SilverStripe developer access.  Use your CMS login", "ADMIN");
+                       BasicAuth::requireLogin("SilverStripe developer access.  Use your CMS login", "ADMIN");
                }

$this->doBuild(isset($_REQUEST['quiet']) || isset($_REQUEST['from_installer']));

Hope this helps,

Elijah

Sigurd

15 July 2007 at 10:29am

Thanks Elijah. That's a fairly substantial issue to resolve and very minor to fix, so we've released a patch that replaces 2.0.2...

http://www.silverstripe.com/assets/downloads/PHPInstaller/silverstripe-v2.0.2b.tar.gz

Updating site now...

(I'll make visiting the previous tar gz URL redirect to the new tar gz)

Sean

Forum Moderator, 922 Posts

15 July 2007 at 12:16pm

Edited: 15/07/2007 12:16pm

Simple mistake. Looking good now, thanks everyone for the hard work getting this out. :-)

Cheers,
Sean