Skip to main content

This site requires you to update your browser. Your browsing experience maybe affected by not having the most up to date version.

Archive /

Our old forums are still available as a read-only archive.

Moderators: martimiz, Sean, biapar, Willr, Ingo, simon_w

Idea: Form editor in TinyMCE

Go to End

13 Posts   38531 Views

Sam

Administrator, 685 Posts

13 July 2007 at 11:17am

I've reviewed the changes that we've made and I've come up with this analysis. I suggest that a starting point would be to take the current TinyMCE code and re-apply the important features to it. Then look at the bug-fix items and see which ones haven't been fixed in the lateste TinyMCE.

I would recommend that we then submit our changes to the TinyMCE core as a patch, so that they have it in their codebase.

IMPORTANT FEATURES

* Manual placement of toolbar location, and blur/focus handlers on the controls to facillitate this.
* Add macrons to insert character
* Added formElement.isChanged() method, to help with SS change detection

UNIMPORTANT FEATURES

* Added image class field to image properties form
* Changed default with to 600px, not 320.
* Begun adding support for strict XHTML content-type header (nbsp = #160 and case-insensitive tagname checking)

BUGFIXES

* Fixed positioning of context menu when scrolling, and to prevent it from showing off the bottom of the screen.
* Got the editor to respect the <base> tag
* Bug fix in table editor
* Bugfix in inserting the typography stylesheet
* Made area_width and area_height parameters instance specific, rather than global (not actually needed anymore)
* Fixed support for # directive in valid_elements config optin
* Fixed auto-resizing editors
* Fixed isDirty(), although not completely

Sam

Administrator, 685 Posts

14 July 2007 at 3:26pm

TinyMCE 2.1.1.1 is now in place!

This has been implemented in the latest daily build :-)

Nathan Cox

Community Member, 99 Posts

14 July 2007 at 3:30pm

Wow...that was easy. I barely even looked into it :)

How much modifying did it need?

xmedeko

Community Member, 94 Posts

15 July 2007 at 9:57am

Sam: cool, thanks!

Sigurd: Userdefinedform is buggy, if you start creating form in the fresh new page. As a workaround, the creating forms in the fresh new page can be disabled. Anyway, I think that the simple contact form, created in TinyMCE, posted by email, might be be more user-friendly to the users. We'll try it and see.

Sean

Forum Moderator, 922 Posts

24 July 2007 at 11:55pm

It could be okay, but it doesn't make sense to have the ability to create forms in more than one place. It's best to stick with one, and do a really good job of it. :-)

Sean

Go to Top