Notes (from top of linked PicasaGallery.php.txt):
The code structure and inspiration for this Page Type came from the FlickrGallery page type which is a part of the Lakshan's SilverStripe mashups module: [url]http://doc.silverstripe.com/doku.php?id=mashups[/url]
This page type uses code adapted from [url]http://www.loloyd.com/blog/igs_picasaweb_api[/url] which is released under the terms of GNU/GPL [url]http://www.gnu.org/licenses/gpl.html[/url]
Note: Because this Page Type uses GPL code, I don't think it can be included as an official part of the SilverStripe core which is released under the BSD license.
Instructions for use:
1. Download [url=http://www.elijahlofgren.com/silverstripe/code/picasa-web-embed/PicasaGallery.txt]PicasaGallery.txt[/url], change the .txt extension to .php, and place it in your mysite/code folder
2. Download [url=http://www.elijahlofgren.com/silverstripe/code/picasa-web-embed/PicasaGallery.ss.txt]PicasaGallery.ss.txt[/url], remove the .txt extension, and place it in your mysite/templates/Layout/ folder
3. Run /db/build
4. Create a PicasaGallery type page
5. Fill in your Picasa Username and Album name. For example, with this URL "elijahlofgren" is the username and "ParkVisitsOnNewYears2007" is the Album name:
6. Save the page and view it (remove the ?shage=Live) from the URL.
Tested on silverstripe 2.0.2 rc1.
1. The code is formatted very badly. ;)
2. If something like "/?stage=Live" is appended to the Page URL, Firefox will give an XML parsing error. Workaround: Remove the query string from the URL.
Hope this helps someone! :)