Skip to main content

This site requires you to update your browser. Your browsing experience maybe affected by not having the most up to date version.

Archive /

Our old forums are still available as a read-only archive.

Moderators: martimiz, Sean, biapar, Willr, Ingo, simon_w

Problem with site move to hosting server

6 Posts   3508 Views

SLJ

Community Member, 23 Posts

18 July 2007 at 11:58am

I have a site that works fine installed on my machine, but it is giving me the following when I try to access the CMS. No other information is given:

ERROR:
Error

The website server has not been able to respond to your request.

Could someone point me in the right direction in tracking down the cause of this error. I have tried flushing the templates, rebuilding the database, and re-uploading the CMS directory. None of these have worked.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

elijahlofgren

Google Summer of Code Hacker, 222 Posts

18 July 2007 at 1:54pm

I would check if there is a server error log. Sometimes there is just an error_log file in the website directory or you can use server software like Cpanel to see the real error.

I'm wondering if perhaps there is a problem with the .htaccess file or maybe mysite/_config.php

Does doing a new install of SilverStripe work on the server?

Hope this helps,

Elijah

SLJ

18 July 2007 at 2:20pm

Thanks Elijah

A new install on the server does work. I got the error in my first message using FF, I tried with IE and got a 500 error.

Something strange though, I thought maybe it was an issue with the urls.

It will let me go to /admin/assets/ and any of the other sections. The error only occurs on /admin/

These are the last few messages from the cPanel error log:

PHP Notice: Undefined index: flush in /home/user/public_html/prelaunchtest/sapphire/core/ManifestBuilder.php on line 30
PHP Notice: Undefined index: buildmanifest in /home/user/public_html/prelaunchtest/sapphire/core/ManifestBuilder.php on line 30
PHP Notice: Undefined index: trace in /home/user/public_html/prelaunchtest/sapphire/main.php on line 19
PHP Notice: Undefined index: flush in /home/user/public_html/prelaunchtest/sapphire/core/ManifestBuilder.php on line 30
PHP Notice: Undefined index: buildmanifest in /home/user/public_html/prelaunchtest/sapphire/core/ManifestBuilder.php on line 30
PHP Notice: Undefined index: trace in /home/user/public_html/prelaunchtest/sapphire/main.php on line 19
PHP Notice: Undefined index: 0.9 in /home/user/public_html/prelaunchtest/sapphire/core/control/ContentNegotiator.php on line 27
PHP Notice: Undefined variable: q in /home/user/public_html/prelaunchtest/sapphire/core/control/ContentNegotiator.php on line 27
PHP Notice: Undefined index: forceFormat in /home/user/public_html/prelaunchtest/sapphire/core/control/ContentNegotiator.php on line 19
PHP Notice: Undefined index: Members in /home/user/public_html/prelaunchtest/cms/code/MemberTableField.php on line 316
PHP Notice: Undefined index: Member in /home/user/public_html/prelaunchtest/sapphire/core/Object.php on line 38
PHP Notice: Undefined index: Member in /home/user/public_html/prelaunchtest/sapphire/core/Object.php on line 38

-------------
Thanks for the help.

elijahlofgren

18 July 2007 at 2:32pm

Unfortunately none of those errors are causing the problem. Are there any fatal ones or ones that are not "Notice"?

On my server, sometimes I need to make sure that the "admin" folder does not have too high of permissions. I would try chmodding it to 755.

In addition, you may need to disable mod_security. See: [url]http://www.silverstripe.com/general-discussion/flat/1752[/url]

Hope this helps,

Elijah

SLJ

18 July 2007 at 4:08pm

It may have been a combination of things. I finally just removed everything and restarted. The site is in a testing phase right now so the directory it's in has an htaccess password. I removed that before I reinstalled. Having it didn't seem to affect it the first time, but that's the only thing that was different about the second install.

It's working now. Thanks for your help.

BTW, I know those errors didn't seem to be about the problem I was seeing but they were the only ones there. What are those errors? Is there something I can do to fix them?

elijahlofgren

19 July 2007 at 6:36am

Edited: 19/07/2007 6:38am

> It's working now. Thanks for your help.
You're welcome. :)

> BTW, I know those errors didn't seem to be about the problem I was seeing but they were the only ones there. What are those errors? Is there something I can do to fix them?

They are basically harmless notices that happen when, for example, the script tries to use the value of ?flush=1 from a URL that does not contain it.

I think a majority of those notices have been fixed in the gsoc branch which will become SilverStripe 2.1. :)

Have a great day,

Elijah