Skip to main content

This site requires you to update your browser. Your browsing experience maybe affected by not having the most up to date version.

We've moved the forum!

Please use forum.silverstripe.org for any new questions (announcement).
The forum archive will stick around, but will be read only.

You can also use our Slack channel or StackOverflow to ask for help.
Check out our community overview for more options to contribute.

Archive /

Our old forums are still available as a read-only archive.

Moderators: martimiz, Sean, Ed, biapar, Willr, Ingo

Problem with site move to hosting server

Go to End

6 Posts   4226 Views

SLJ

Community Member, 23 Posts

18 July 2007 at 11:58am

I have a site that works fine installed on my machine, but it is giving me the following when I try to access the CMS. No other information is given:

ERROR:
Error

The website server has not been able to respond to your request.

Could someone point me in the right direction in tracking down the cause of this error. I have tried flushing the templates, rebuilding the database, and re-uploading the CMS directory. None of these have worked.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

elijahlofgren

Google Summer of Code Hacker, 222 Posts

18 July 2007 at 1:54pm

I would check if there is a server error log. Sometimes there is just an error_log file in the website directory or you can use server software like Cpanel to see the real error.

I'm wondering if perhaps there is a problem with the .htaccess file or maybe mysite/_config.php

Does doing a new install of SilverStripe work on the server?

Hope this helps,

Elijah

SLJ

18 July 2007 at 2:20pm

Thanks Elijah

A new install on the server does work. I got the error in my first message using FF, I tried with IE and got a 500 error.

Something strange though, I thought maybe it was an issue with the urls.

It will let me go to /admin/assets/ and any of the other sections. The error only occurs on /admin/

These are the last few messages from the cPanel error log:

PHP Notice: Undefined index: flush in /home/user/public_html/prelaunchtest/sapphire/core/ManifestBuilder.php on line 30
PHP Notice: Undefined index: buildmanifest in /home/user/public_html/prelaunchtest/sapphire/core/ManifestBuilder.php on line 30
PHP Notice: Undefined index: trace in /home/user/public_html/prelaunchtest/sapphire/main.php on line 19
PHP Notice: Undefined index: flush in /home/user/public_html/prelaunchtest/sapphire/core/ManifestBuilder.php on line 30
PHP Notice: Undefined index: buildmanifest in /home/user/public_html/prelaunchtest/sapphire/core/ManifestBuilder.php on line 30
PHP Notice: Undefined index: trace in /home/user/public_html/prelaunchtest/sapphire/main.php on line 19
PHP Notice: Undefined index: 0.9 in /home/user/public_html/prelaunchtest/sapphire/core/control/ContentNegotiator.php on line 27
PHP Notice: Undefined variable: q in /home/user/public_html/prelaunchtest/sapphire/core/control/ContentNegotiator.php on line 27
PHP Notice: Undefined index: forceFormat in /home/user/public_html/prelaunchtest/sapphire/core/control/ContentNegotiator.php on line 19
PHP Notice: Undefined index: Members in /home/user/public_html/prelaunchtest/cms/code/MemberTableField.php on line 316
PHP Notice: Undefined index: Member in /home/user/public_html/prelaunchtest/sapphire/core/Object.php on line 38
PHP Notice: Undefined index: Member in /home/user/public_html/prelaunchtest/sapphire/core/Object.php on line 38

-------------
Thanks for the help.

elijahlofgren

18 July 2007 at 2:32pm

Unfortunately none of those errors are causing the problem. Are there any fatal ones or ones that are not "Notice"?

On my server, sometimes I need to make sure that the "admin" folder does not have too high of permissions. I would try chmodding it to 755.

In addition, you may need to disable mod_security. See: http://www.silverstripe.com/general-discussion/flat/1752

Hope this helps,

Elijah

SLJ

18 July 2007 at 4:08pm

It may have been a combination of things. I finally just removed everything and restarted. The site is in a testing phase right now so the directory it's in has an htaccess password. I removed that before I reinstalled. Having it didn't seem to affect it the first time, but that's the only thing that was different about the second install.

It's working now. Thanks for your help.

BTW, I know those errors didn't seem to be about the problem I was seeing but they were the only ones there. What are those errors? Is there something I can do to fix them?

elijahlofgren

19 July 2007 at 6:36am

Edited: 19/07/2007 6:38am

> It's working now. Thanks for your help.
You're welcome. :)

> BTW, I know those errors didn't seem to be about the problem I was seeing but they were the only ones there. What are those errors? Is there something I can do to fix them?

They are basically harmless notices that happen when, for example, the script tries to use the value of ?flush=1 from a URL that does not contain it.

I think a majority of those notices have been fixed in the gsoc branch which will become SilverStripe 2.1. :)

Have a great day,

Elijah