Skip to main content

This site requires you to update your browser. Your browsing experience maybe affected by not having the most up to date version.

Archive /

Our old forums are still available as a read-only archive.

Moderators: martimiz, Sean, Ed, biapar, Willr, Ingo

The new Gallery Module

Go to End

28 Posts   21603 Views

The Frenchy

Core Development Team, 40 Posts

19 July 2007 at 5:20pm

Edited: 20/07/2007 1:59pm

The first version is now released !

To see the gallery in your page, just create a file or edit your file and add this code :

<% include GalleryPageContent %>

Click here to download it !

More details about the requirements and functionalities will be available in the documentation soon.

Google Summer of Code Hacker, 222 Posts

20 July 2007 at 7:03am

Cool! I created a "GalleryPage" and it seems to work nicely.
I look forward to trying out the "FileRepository" page type. It might be very useful for creating a File Downloads page. :)

The Frenchy

20 July 2007 at 12:08pm

The gallery doc has been created

The Frenchy

20 July 2007 at 12:10pm

Moreover, you will see that the Download Page will probably be a part of the next version and as you have said, it will not be difficult to do this thanks to FileRepository.php

Community Member, 201 Posts

20 July 2007 at 1:23pm

Great work Romain :-)

12 Posts

1 August 2007 at 7:16pm

Thanks for this great module, Romain!

I favor the look and feel of lightbox (v2), so I tweaked it for my needs and got that working. Now that I have photo galleries functional, I am looking at the "FileRepository" aspect.

Is this module currently ready to display items in an asset folder (as a list) other than photos? I noticed that the code in FileRepository.php shows:

/** Fall-back in case there are no file extensions, just get everything from the folder **/
return DataObject::get("File", "`ParentID` = '{$this->FolderID}'", "", "", $limit);

Does this mean that if there are no image files in the folder, it will list everything in it?

I created an asset folder filled with PDF files, but I haven't been able to get them listed under a FileRepository page. I created a file - trying both "<% include FileRepositoryContent %>" and "<% include GalleryPageContent %>" to show the files - but it didn't work.

Am I doing something wrong, or is this module simply not yet ready for files other than the allowed image extensions? If it is not ready, do I simple create a new page, for example, PdfPage.php using GalleryPage.php as a rough template?

I sincerely appreciate any help!

12 Posts

2 August 2007 at 1:38pm

I think I figured it out. =) On the verge.....

However: I found a bug in the dropdown list under the "Files" tab when you create a new GalleryPage.

Detailed here:

The Frenchy

3 August 2007 at 11:24am

As for the will to add other files in the gallery, this functionality will be available in the next version of the gallery module that I am working on now.

Moreover, I can already tell you that I have updated the Lightbox version of the gallery module as the last one and also added a navigation system in it.

the next step is to put other media files in the gallery.

I'm on it :-)

Go to Top