Skip to main content

This site requires you to update your browser. Your browsing experience maybe affected by not having the most up to date version.

Archive /

Our old forums are still available as a read-only archive.

Moderators: martimiz, Sean, biapar, Willr, Ingo, simon_w

Galleries...

6 Posts   1648 Views

Sigurd

Forum Moderator, 628 Posts

19 July 2007 at 5:31pm

Edited: 19/07/2007 5:32pm

Lakshan, Matt, Romain:

Romain has recently developed a gallery that inspects all files inside a directory and presents them. I'd like you guys over the next month to collaborate so we end up with a means for showcasing photos, videos, whatever, in a consistent way. This might mean, for instance, that restful and some other 'key gallery' stuff goes into the core, and there's a few modules like flickrgallery, filegallery, or whatever. I'll leave it to you to inspect the code and come up with a good path to "1.0" releases... :)

[url]http://www.silverstripe.com/core-team-discussion/flat/2711[/url]

Matt

Core Development Team, 84 Posts

19 July 2007 at 5:41pm

Might be a good plan to get together on Skype or IRC to discuss this as a group - maybe sometime late next week?

laktek

Google Summer of Code Hacker, 76 Posts

19 July 2007 at 6:13pm

Yeah seems like a good idea. Yeah will have a group dicussion over this on IRC

The Frenchy

Core Development Team, 40 Posts

20 July 2007 at 11:10am

Yeah It sounds good

The Frenchy

23 July 2007 at 10:20am

Now the two gallery have been released, I am trying to update my lightbox version which is old with the one that has been used by Lakshan which seems to be the last one.

Actually, it's gonna be a merge, because as you will see in the Gallery module that I have worked on, the content of the popup window comes from a template which allows more flexibility to the user who can customize easily it.

Moreover, the navigation system (Previous and Next arrow) has to be available in the popup window. I have already seen that all this staff is available and easily usable thanks to the lightbox last version.

I Will let you know how this staff is going on this week.

The Frenchy

3 August 2007 at 11:28am

The next version of the gallery is in progress : check this [url]http://www.silverstripe.com/core-team-discussion/flat/2711[/url]