Skip to main content

This site requires you to update your browser. Your browsing experience maybe affected by not having the most up to date version.

We've moved the forum!

Please use forum.silverstripe.org for any new questions (announcement).
The forum archive will stick around, but will be read only.

You can also use our Slack channel or StackOverflow to ask for help.
Check out our community overview for more options to contribute.

Archive /

Our old forums are still available as a read-only archive.

Moderators: martimiz, Sean, Ed, biapar, Willr, Ingo

Rendering modules and widgets...

Go to End

12 Posts   6345 Views

Sean

Forum Moderator, 922 Posts

2 August 2007 at 7:33pm

Edited: 02/08/2007 7:34pm

During our testing at the moment they are, but we're working to make this widget interface something everyone can use. We'll let you know when it's released.

:-)
Sean

laktek

Google Summer of Code Hacker, 76 Posts

4 August 2007 at 4:44am

I was able to play around with the Widget code on the trunk and it works great! Love the simplicity of the implementation.

I think making widgets available from SiteTree, along with a global widget area editor would be nice.

laktek

4 August 2007 at 11:46am

Edited: 04/08/2007 12:29pm

I know widget editor area is still brewing, so thought of sharing few suggestions to make it more sexy ;)

1. Widget Drag and Drop - Its better to highlight the drop target and create a new instance of drag object while keeping the original object intact. Look at this demo at mootools (http://demos.mootools.net/DragDrop).

2. Ability to configure each widget - I think this is essential. Users should be able to add configuration information using a simple configuration dialog. For example he should be able to configure FlickrWidget with tags, number of photos to show etc.

laktek

6 August 2007 at 9:42pm

Edited: 06/08/2007 9:46pm

Thanks for the sample.

I was playing with the widgets on a custom theme and I found having a "container div" around the widget would be make styling much easier.

This could be done by changing WidgetHolder.ss to :
[html]
<div class="widgetHolder">
<h3>$Title</h3>
$Content
</div>
[/html]
Another option is to make the widget area as an unordered list.

Go to Top