Skip to main content

This site requires you to update your browser. Your browsing experience maybe affected by not having the most up to date version.

We've moved the forum!

Please use forum.silverstripe.org for any new questions (announcement).
The forum archive will stick around, but will be read only.

You can also use our Slack channel or StackOverflow to ask for help.
Check out our community overview for more options to contribute.

Archive /

Our old forums are still available as a read-only archive.

Moderators: martimiz, Sean, Ed, biapar, Willr, Ingo

Status update / PhotoEditor

Go to End

10 Posts   4681 Views

mateusz

Google Summer of Code Hacker, 27 Posts

20 July 2007 at 10:49am

Edited: 20/07/2007 10:50am

Finally I have reach point that I can state that PhotoEditor is quite stable in terms of bugs.

I've also added new feature: images are placed in scrolled container so you don't need to struggle with images that are to big to rotate or resize

Demo: http://test.silverstripe.com/mujma

I will appreciate any number of bug reports.

Tim

Community Member, 201 Posts

20 July 2007 at 1:58pm

First off, great work :-)

An important change here will be to ensure that when people resize the image, by default, the aspect ratio is preserved.

We've had a lot of experience dealing with end users with this sort of thing, and one thing that's sure is they will inadvertently distort the image, and be upset about it, without this as a default. We need to protect them from them self with tools such as this :P

- Tim

mateusz

8 August 2007 at 10:55am

Will Rossiter created some great design for PhotoEditor. I took the HTML/JS/CSS and the results can be viewed at test server (http://test.silverstripe.com/mujma admin/password). For those of you that don't have time to play with it I've provided a screenshot.

All code was commited in r39716.

Tim:

I'm working on preserving ratio, I think I will implement it in 2-3 days.

Tim

Community Member, 201 Posts

8 August 2007 at 11:49am

Looking good :-)

Willr

Forum Moderator, 5523 Posts

8 August 2007 at 2:50pm

for those who dont know, the design of the image editor is the sneak peak into the new design we are going to use for the cms see -> http://www.silverstripe.com/google-summer-of-code-forum/flat/2536 . We will post a couple better/ more developed screenshots of the new cms backend in the near future for feedback!

Markus

Google Summer of Code Hacker, 152 Posts

8 August 2007 at 8:44pm

First off, great work Mateusz and Will!

The only bug I noticed is that if you for example crop an image, the thumbnail (the one shown when inserting an image in TinyMCE) isn't updated... I cropped big-blue.jpg on your test site - sorry :-)

Maybe you should also add an "Save as..." command to the image editor so that I can save different versions of the image while editing it.

@Will:
Could you please mail me some of the new design concepts you are currently working on (I said that maybe I will create a mockup of my idea and it would help me a lot!)

Willr

Forum Moderator, 5523 Posts

8 August 2007 at 9:55pm

markus - just sent the psd for you to play with :D

mateusz

9 August 2007 at 12:12am

@Markus

Don't be sorry for helping me to create better software :). Bugfix is in r39742 in cms branch.
"Save as" feature goes to idea list.

Go to Top