Skip to main content

This site requires you to update your browser. Your browsing experience maybe affected by not having the most up to date version.

Archive /

Our old forums are still available as a read-only archive.

Moderators: martimiz, Sean, biapar, Willr, Ingo, simon_w

install.php blank page

8 Posts   2826 Views

Hansa

10 Posts

3 August 2007 at 3:10am

I have installed all ss files into the root of my directory, www.tixot.com. However, when i go to www.tixot.com/install.php, i get a blank page. Any ideas?

I have installed a few other CMS's like Joomla before but i can't understand this one?

P.S, i do like the philosophy of silverstripe and am happy to find what looks like a simple, user friendly CMS.

Sean

Forum Moderator, 922 Posts

3 August 2007 at 9:57am

Do you have some sort of admin panel where you can check logs?

Cheers,
Sean

Hansa

10 Posts

3 August 2007 at 11:03pm

My setup is obviously not correct at the moment otherwise these files would be displaying as usual. I have re-uploaded the core files a few times with no luck. I've searched the forums and found that some people had some issues with PHP 5.2.3 and rolled back to a previous version?

My php.ini is located at www.tixot.com/test.php

I seem to remember encountering this before with othe projects i.e viewing the source of each php file displays nothing.

Sneddo

16 Posts

7 August 2007 at 7:33am

Im having the same problem as Hansa and as Hansa I have used other CMS's in the past and had no problem.

I want to sort this problem out as I do like the idea of silverstripe and want to develop solutions on it.

I am running MySQL 2.7.0 and PHP 5.1.2.

This is on an Apache Local host.

Cheers

Sean

Forum Moderator, 922 Posts

7 August 2007 at 9:28am

It's recommend you use MySQL 4.1+ with SS, anything under that version has been untested and not likely to work.

Anyway, I was having a similar problem with the new version of MAMP 1.6.1, all SS installations produce a blank page. I checked the server logs to no avail, there is no useful information in there to give any leads...

Cheers,
Sean

Sneddo

16 Posts

7 August 2007 at 10:11am

Sorry people I lied... im useing MySQL 5.0.18 not 2.7.0 that is my version of PHPMyAdmin. Feel a little silly now!

I am going to look into the problem further.. im sure there must be others with the same issue... and i bet most of them just use a different CMS, which from what I have heard about SilverStripe is a real shame.. I hope to find out for my self soon :-P

Cheers

David

Sneddo

16 Posts

7 August 2007 at 10:34am

Edited: 07/08/2007 10:56am

Im guessing this is not a problem for everyone out there?

Which rules out a problem with the actual install.php file? Just find it hard to see why I am having this as a problem... im runing a very common server and my sql setup.

I do not see how it can be my set up..

Sean you said 'I was having a similar problem' hinting that you fixed it.. could you share what your problem was please?

Cheers

David

OK I think it is an install.php problem. I will have to look at this tomorrow as its gone my bed time over here in the UK... Ill throw the install.php file into Zend studio tomorrow and see if I get any simple errors appear.

If you fix in mean time please post solution :-) thank you

Sneddo

16 Posts

8 August 2007 at 6:10am

Hello again ppl,

well there are a few errors in the install.php file that comes with the download.

The easiest way to fix is to use the install.php file from the daily build below.

/core-source/silverstripe.2.0.DailyBuild.2007-08-06

Hope that helps someone :-)