Skip to main content

This site requires you to update your browser. Your browsing experience maybe affected by not having the most up to date version.

We've moved the forum!

Please use forum.silverstripe.org for any new questions (announcement).
The forum archive will stick around, but will be read only.

You can also use our Slack channel or StackOverflow to ask for help.
Check out our community overview for more options to contribute.

Archive /

Our old forums are still available as a read-only archive.

Moderators: martimiz, Sean, Ed, biapar, Willr, Ingo

install.php blank page

Go to End

8 Posts   3410 Views

Hansa

10 Posts

3 August 2007 at 3:10am

I have installed all ss files into the root of my directory, www.tixot.com. However, when i go to www.tixot.com/install.php, i get a blank page. Any ideas?

I have installed a few other CMS's like Joomla before but i can't understand this one?

P.S, i do like the philosophy of silverstripe and am happy to find what looks like a simple, user friendly CMS.

Sean

Forum Moderator, 922 Posts

3 August 2007 at 9:57am

Do you have some sort of admin panel where you can check logs?

Cheers,
Sean

Hansa

10 Posts

3 August 2007 at 11:03pm

My setup is obviously not correct at the moment otherwise these files would be displaying as usual. I have re-uploaded the core files a few times with no luck. I've searched the forums and found that some people had some issues with PHP 5.2.3 and rolled back to a previous version?

My php.ini is located at www.tixot.com/test.php

I seem to remember encountering this before with othe projects i.e viewing the source of each php file displays nothing.

Sneddo

16 Posts

7 August 2007 at 7:33am

Im having the same problem as Hansa and as Hansa I have used other CMS's in the past and had no problem.

I want to sort this problem out as I do like the idea of silverstripe and want to develop solutions on it.

I am running MySQL 2.7.0 and PHP 5.1.2.

This is on an Apache Local host.

Cheers

Sean

Forum Moderator, 922 Posts

7 August 2007 at 9:28am

It's recommend you use MySQL 4.1+ with SS, anything under that version has been untested and not likely to work.

Anyway, I was having a similar problem with the new version of MAMP 1.6.1, all SS installations produce a blank page. I checked the server logs to no avail, there is no useful information in there to give any leads...

Cheers,
Sean

Sneddo

16 Posts

7 August 2007 at 10:11am

Sorry people I lied... im useing MySQL 5.0.18 not 2.7.0 that is my version of PHPMyAdmin. Feel a little silly now!

I am going to look into the problem further.. im sure there must be others with the same issue... and i bet most of them just use a different CMS, which from what I have heard about SilverStripe is a real shame.. I hope to find out for my self soon :-P

Cheers

David

Sneddo

16 Posts

7 August 2007 at 10:34am

Edited: 07/08/2007 10:56am

Im guessing this is not a problem for everyone out there?

Which rules out a problem with the actual install.php file? Just find it hard to see why I am having this as a problem... im runing a very common server and my sql setup.

I do not see how it can be my set up..

Sean you said 'I was having a similar problem' hinting that you fixed it.. could you share what your problem was please?

Cheers

David

OK I think it is an install.php problem. I will have to look at this tomorrow as its gone my bed time over here in the UK... Ill throw the install.php file into Zend studio tomorrow and see if I get any simple errors appear.

If you fix in mean time please post solution :-) thank you

Sneddo

16 Posts

8 August 2007 at 6:10am

Hello again ppl,

well there are a few errors in the install.php file that comes with the download.

The easiest way to fix is to use the install.php file from the daily build below.

/core-source/silverstripe.2.0.DailyBuild.2007-08-06

Hope that helps someone :-)