Skip to main content

This site requires you to update your browser. Your browsing experience maybe affected by not having the most up to date version.

Archive /

Our old forums are still available as a read-only archive.

Moderators: martimiz, Sean, biapar, Willr, Ingo, simon_w

What tools do people use for building themes / templates?

Go to End

28 Posts   44197 Views

pac

Community Member, 25 Posts

18 August 2008 at 6:28am

I use Coda from panic.com for php
and CSS edit of course
but mostly, I try to use my brains, whenever possible.

tinatoerat

Community Member, 16 Posts

18 August 2008 at 5:50pm

For general editing of just about anything I use Editplus - it does syntax highlighting, add your own syntax defs, add your own tool definitions, regexp search/replace and a whole lot more.
Its good for scripting and programming and stripping junk out of files and does column selection/cut/paste etc (good for fixing up data).

It doesn't know about HTMLTidy, but I guess I haven't tried to teach it that.

I have been fiddling around with htmlEdit, but each time I want to do something with it I have to download a new extension.

ajshort

Community Member, 244 Posts

18 August 2008 at 7:40pm

I use both e text editor & intype for all php/templates (neither support multiple projects open at the same time, so i just use both at once :P).

As for editing the SS templates, both work reasonably well with HTML & Rails highlighting. I would be using the SilverStripe textmate bundle, but the filenames arent compatible with Windows. Maybe Ingo will read this post and update the files to be compatible :P

evren

Community Member, 37 Posts

15 October 2008 at 9:57am

Notepad++ and its FTP module.

The best one that I can found. With perfect syntax hylighting and rich tools for playing on texts like a wizard.

But the best part is FTP module. A tree view near program connects to my site and to edit a file just double click (downloads and displays instantly) / edit and when you click on save just uploads automaticly like working on local.

Amazing isnt it?

Go to Top