Skip to main content

This site requires you to update your browser. Your browsing experience maybe affected by not having the most up to date version.

We've moved the forum!

Please use forum.silverstripe.org for any new questions (announcement).
The forum archive will stick around, but will be read only.

You can also use our Slack channel or StackOverflow to ask for help.
Check out our community overview for more options to contribute.

Archive /

Our old forums are still available as a read-only archive.

Moderators: martimiz, Sean, Ed, biapar, Willr, Ingo

adding a page type, a couple of questions....

Go to End

11 Posts   3210 Views

Nicolaas

Forum Moderator, 224 Posts

8 September 2007 at 11:58am

Hmmm, that is very funny!

The draft site works fine, but the real site does not work! I am getting the following error:

FATAL ERROR: None of these templates can be found: SiteTree.ss, DataObject.ss<br />
At line 53 in /home/winsboroughconz/www/sapphire/core/SSViewer.php<br />

The cms is in perfect order.

I did delete all the php files in my code page, and thus, for a moment, the pages did not have the right template files available (I rebuilt the database).

Then I put everything back in.

I just checked my CMS, everything is in perfect order.

Hmmm, I going to reinstall from scratch I think.

Thanks for all your help

Nicolaas

Sean

Forum Moderator, 922 Posts

8 September 2007 at 12:12pm

A less drastic measure would be just dropping the database, and rebuilding it (providing you don't need any of the data in it).

Cheers,
Sean

Nicolaas

Forum Moderator, 224 Posts

8 September 2007 at 12:51pm

OMG,

I just worked out what is going on.

Firstly, yes, you get an error if a page is of a template style that no longer exists and you rebuild the database. However, you can rectify this by changing the template in the CMS. No sweat there. Luckily it does not cause a meltdown.

What I did is that I added icons to the pages in the CMS. That works nice, because you can immediately see what type of page it is. However, what I noticed is that you can not see the status of the page anymore (e.g. draft, published, etc...). So I did not realise that the pages had not been published yet. A quick "publishAll" did wonders!

Thanks again for all your help. Now I have to find out how I can show the status of the page. Or perhaps I am thinking about just adding a publishAll button.

Cheers

Nicolaas

Go to Top