Skip to main content

This site requires you to update your browser. Your browsing experience maybe affected by not having the most up to date version.

Archive /

Our old forums are still available as a read-only archive.

Moderators: martimiz, Sean, Ed, biapar, Willr, Ingo

Cannot access Admin Section

Go to End

4 Posts   2199 Views

4 Posts

7 September 2007 at 7:59am

First of all what a great product. I have installed, with no issues, SilverStripe on a hosted server. the problem i have is that i cannot access the admin section of the web site. When i enter the http://hostname/admin URL i receive a page cannot be found error. See Below

Page not Found

Sorry, it seems you were trying to access a page that doesn't exist.

Please check the spelling of the URL you were trying to access and try again.

I am sure this is an htaccess issue below is what i am using:

RewriteEngine On

RewriteRule ^online$ - [L]
RewriteRule ^online/.* - [L]

RewriteRule \.js$ - [L]

RewriteRule \.css$ - [L]

RewriteRule \.png$ - [L]

RewriteRule \.jpg$ - [L]

RewriteRule \.gif$ - [L]

RewriteRule \.php$ - [L]

RewriteCond %{REQUEST_URI} ^(.*)$

RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} !-f

RewriteRule .* /sapphire/main.php?url=%1&%{QUERY_STRING} [L]

Kind regards,

3 Posts

8 September 2007 at 4:43am

Edited: 08/09/2007 4:51am

I got the same error but just added another rewrite rule and everything worked out as far as accessing the page and getting the install to complete.
RewriteEngine on
RewriteRule ^9([a-z]+)\.html$/index.php?$1

That seemed to work as far as getting the install to complete. I'm having other issues that seem to be related. I have a screen shot uploaded of what I am seeying.

Also I was just looking at the code on the admin page and if I go directly to the link: Then I get a page so there has to be some problem with the splash page or the cpanel for the cms. Have you guys ever seen this or any of the issues above?

3 Posts

11 September 2007 at 6:14am

Wow where is that support I heard about. This seems like a simple issue and I'm sure that someone can answer it.

Community Member, 231 Posts

11 September 2007 at 1:09pm

Most likely this is a javascript error - try getting firebug and checking the debug console for errors - then we might be able to figure out what's going on. Also, try the latest daily build and see if that works for you.