Skip to main content

This site requires you to update your browser. Your browsing experience maybe affected by not having the most up to date version.

Archive /

Our old forums are still available as a read-only archive.

Moderators: martimiz, Sean, biapar, Willr, Ingo, simon_w

general requirements for Silverstrip - PHP POSIX

3 Posts   1322 Views

Nicolaas

Forum Moderator, 213 Posts

10 September 2007 at 12:57pm

Edited: 10/09/2007 1:07pm

Hi Installers...

PHP manual for POSIX reads:
Warning - Sensitive data can be retrieved with the POSIX functions, e.g. posix_getpwnam() and friends. None of the POSIX function perform any kind of access checking when safe mode is enabled. It's therefore strongly advised to disable the POSIX extension at all (use --disable-posix in your configure line) if you're operating in such an environment.

You need POSIX for installing Silverstripe as I understand it... So, this maybe something to check as a requirement for your webhost ( I found that www.godaddy.com did not offer this).

Can anyone confirm this theory?

Thank you

Nicolaas

Andy

230 Posts

11 September 2007 at 12:49pm

POSIX is only used by the installer to check if the web server has write permissions where needed, it's not actually used by SilverStripe itself. There is a [url=http://open.silverstripe.com/ticket/1366]a ticket on this[/url], I'll clear this up before SS 2.1.0! :)

Nicolaas

Forum Moderator, 213 Posts

11 September 2007 at 1:02pm

So you reckon I could probably just take out those lines? or replace it with something similar???