Skip to main content

This site requires you to update your browser. Your browsing experience maybe affected by not having the most up to date version.

We've moved the forum!

Please use forum.silverstripe.org for any new questions (announcement).
The forum archive will stick around, but will be read only.

You can also use our Slack channel or StackOverflow to ask for help.
Check out our community overview for more options to contribute.

Archive /

Our old forums are still available as a read-only archive.

Moderators: martimiz, Sean, Ed, biapar, Willr, Ingo

security system, no users shown....

Go to End

16 Posts   14575 Views

Nicolaas

Forum Moderator, 224 Posts

10 September 2007 at 2:59pm

Edited: 10/09/2007 3:36pm

Hi,

I have just installed ss on a new site, but I cant seem to add users to the security list.
That is, I can add them, but they do not show on the list. I do think they are actually added, because somewhere else I saw them as an option for owner.

Also, I want to get rid of the user with the default username and password (but, again the problem is that this is not listed anywhere)

Is there something that I am missing?

Thanks

Nicolaas
PS how can i log something to the bug database? I do not have a username or password for that...
PPS I checked the mysql database and in there I found all the users in the members table.

Nicolaas

Forum Moderator, 224 Posts

11 September 2007 at 12:50pm

yes, this is in the security area. The person added never shows at all.... Does that answer your question?

loubabe

1 Post

12 September 2007 at 8:32am

I am having the exact same problem. The membes are in the database, and I can even login with the given account, but nothing is visible in the security pages. Not even the original admin account I created. Any ideas?

billy

Community Member, 9 Posts

6 November 2007 at 2:08pm

Anything further on this? I'm getting the same thing, can't allow axx to the server though sorry :(

The strange thing is that the same code, with the same database is working on two different machines.

I managed to do a bit of investigation into the bug: When I var_dumped the 'MemberTableField' object I find a member variable called 'sourceFilter' which contains an array with element that has a value of "`Group_Members`.`ID` IN (SELECT `ID` FROM `Group_Members` WHERE `GroupID`='1' GROUP BY `MemberID` HAVING MIN(`ID`))"

So I used this to create a select that looks like this: SELECT * FROM Group_Members WHERE `Group_Members`.`ID` IN (SELECT `ID` FROM `Group_Members` WHERE `GroupID`='1' GROUP BY `MemberID` HAVING MIN(`ID`));

Running this select on the boxes that work results in a set of data, one row for each user in the group. Running it on the box that doesn't work I get nothing.

Seems like it's a mysql related issue to me.

Working machines are "MySQL 5.0.45-Debian_1" and "MySQL 5.0.24a-log"
Non-Working machine is "MySQL 5.0.18"

billy

Community Member, 9 Posts

6 November 2007 at 2:15pm

Ok, further to this.. I took the sub select from the query mentioned above "SELECT `ID` FROM `Group_Members` WHERE `GroupID`='2' GROUP BY `MemberID` HAVING MIN(`ID`);"

Again this query works on 2 boxes and not on the other one.

Then I take the MIN(ID) out and what do you know, it works on across the board!

Considering that the box having the problems is the oldest version out of the three I'm wondering if the functionality of the MySQL 'MIN' function has changed somehow?

Anyway if anyone could offer me a fix that would be great.

guillem_l

9 Posts

8 January 2008 at 11:42am

I'm having same problem, no users shown in security section. Will try to remove MIN from the SQL query but would be great to get some official answer about this issue. I get same error in tow different machines with tow different servers.

Thanks.

darkowl

Community Member, 12 Posts

17 January 2008 at 11:36am

Edited: 17/01/2008 12:38pm

Very interesting... question for you, can you add / view members in the newsletter module?

It seems that they use the same tables (site members and newsletter recipients), so could this be related to the issue that I've encountered here: http://www.silverstripe.com/site-builders-forum/flat/24702

?

EDIT: Just had a look at the security section, lo and behold no users are shown (but are in the database). I'd say that they're related.

MySQL version is 4.1.11

Running the query from the previous page (modded for my setup), I get...

SQL query:

SELECT `Group_Members`.`ID` IN (SELECT `ID` FROM `Group_Members` WHERE `GroupID`='4' GROUP BY `MemberID` HAVING MIN(`ID`))

MySQL said:

#1109 - Unknown table 'Group_Members' in IN/ALL/ANY subquery

Let's see if we can do something about that...

EDIT 2: Yes indeed, it seems that HAVING MIN(`ID`) seems to be at fault. If it's removed, SilverStripe magically starts showing users again. I have no idea what repercussions that's going to have - hopefully none ;)

The next question then, is *why* that code was failing silently (silent fails are never a good thing...)

Decisive Flow

Community Member, 73 Posts

17 March 2008 at 10:42am

I have the same problem but don't really want to do anything until the 'official' fix is there.

But I have a new live site and no access for my customer!

Go to Top