Skip to main content

This site requires you to update your browser. Your browsing experience maybe affected by not having the most up to date version.

Archive

Our old forums are still available as a read-only archive.

Moderators: martimiz, Sean, biapar, Willr, Ingo, simon_w

security system, no users shown....

18 Posts   12392 Views

darkowl

17 January 2008 at 11:36am (Last edited: 17 January 2008 12:38pm), Community Member, 12 Posts

Very interesting... question for you, can you add / view members in the newsletter module?

It seems that they use the same tables (site members and newsletter recipients), so could this be related to the issue that I've encountered here: http://www.silverstripe.com/site-builders-forum/flat/24702

?

EDIT: Just had a look at the security section, lo and behold no users are shown (but are in the database). I'd say that they're related.

MySQL version is 4.1.11

Running the query from the previous page (modded for my setup), I get...

SQL query:

SELECT `Group_Members`.`ID` IN (SELECT `ID` FROM `Group_Members` WHERE `GroupID`='4' GROUP BY `MemberID` HAVING MIN(`ID`))

MySQL said:

#1109 - Unknown table 'Group_Members' in IN/ALL/ANY subquery

Let's see if we can do something about that...

EDIT 2: Yes indeed, it seems that HAVING MIN(`ID`) seems to be at fault. If it's removed, SilverStripe magically starts showing users again. I have no idea what repercussions that's going to have - hopefully none ;)

The next question then, is *why* that code was failing silently (silent fails are never a good thing...)

Decisive Flow

17 March 2008 at 10:42am Community Member, 73 Posts

I have the same problem but don't really want to do anything until the 'official' fix is there.

But I have a new live site and no access for my customer!

Hayden

19 March 2008 at 5:27pm Core Development Team, 19 Posts

Does changing HAVING MIN(`ID`) to HAVING MIN(`ID`) = ID on line 143 of cms/code/MemberTableField.php help at all?

bbeer

26 March 2008 at 8:10am Community Member, 2 Posts

Hi
OK same Problem here. The right side of the Security Panel stays empty. I don't see any users nor can I edit any groups. However I can add groups but not edit them.

Thanks for your help!

bbeer

29 March 2008 at 10:27pm Community Member, 2 Posts

OK I was able to solve my Problem.
I had eAccelerator in PHP5 on, this prevented the users and Groups from being visible. I switched it off now all is perfect!

contigo

12 April 2008 at 3:24am Community Member, 16 Posts

I could not view users as well, Hayden's suggestion above did the trick.

mandrew

21 April 2008 at 3:16pm Core Development Team, 33 Posts

Can someone confirm that this bug doesn't appear in the latest release candidate?

If so then we need to know about it!

Thanks

Decisive Flow

21 April 2008 at 3:18pm Community Member, 73 Posts

haydens worked for me as well.. although I still don't think I can add new users - I can modify ones that exist though or something. Something seemed to work after a while anyway,