Skip to main content

This site requires you to update your browser. Your browsing experience maybe affected by not having the most up to date version.

We've moved the forum!

Please use forum.silverstripe.org for any new questions (announcement).
The forum archive will stick around, but will be read only.

You can also use our Slack channel or StackOverflow to ask for help.
Check out our community overview for more options to contribute.

Archive /

Our old forums are still available as a read-only archive.

Moderators: martimiz, Sean, Ed, biapar, Willr, Ingo

SilverStripe on Ohloh

Go to End

3 Posts   1499 Views

Sigurd

Forum Moderator, 628 Posts

12 September 2007 at 3:45pm

Edited: 14/09/2007 5:36pm

I thought I'd let people know about a open source directory website called Ohloh.net.

It provides an interesting comparison and snapshot of projects by interrogating their source code repositories, allowing it to determine the lines of code, number of contributors, frequency of commits, whether activity is rising or dropping etc.

This allows it to make comparisons, of say, Ruby on Rails versus PHP

Jumping on the social network bandwagon, it shows the world's programmers, including ours.
--

Cool, though: SilverStripe is very well commented!

Go check out SilverStripe on ohloh, add reviews, and "add it to your stack" (which is essentially how you tell the world that you use SilverStripe, and thus rank it more highly on the ohloh website).

One point I want to note: Currently Ohloh isn't accurately representing our project (it says the source code is only 2 months old, and in the project comparison system it says we have no lines of code, no commits, and no contributors. I've let Ohloh know about this problem, and once fixed I'll mention Ohloh on the SilverStripe homepage :)

Willr

Forum Moderator, 5523 Posts

12 September 2007 at 6:33pm

Stacked!

Sigurd

Forum Moderator, 628 Posts

18 September 2007 at 6:50pm

Thanks guys... we're getting more stacks.

If only the comparison graph would work on Ohloh I'm sure we'd see SilverStripe as very favourable!