Skip to main content

This site requires you to update your browser. Your browsing experience maybe affected by not having the most up to date version.

We've moved the forum!

Please use forum.silverstripe.org for any new questions (announcement).
The forum archive will stick around, but will be read only.

You can also use our Slack channel or StackOverflow to ask for help.
Check out our community overview for more options to contribute.

Archive /

Our old forums are still available as a read-only archive.

Moderators: martimiz, Sean, Ed, biapar, Willr, Ingo

complete open_basedir mess on install

Go to End

5 Posts   4438 Views

pringles

2 Posts

13 September 2007 at 10:34am

Hello, I was so excited when I found silverstripe, at last a CMS that was simple to maintain yet as nice as any other.
2 hours later I finally have it installed after disabling open_basedir after trying all kinds of changes to make it work (luckily the entire server is mine but I like to keep apache locked down) .

So I finally have silverstripe installed but I am not happy running the site without open_basedir. I enabled open_basedir after install to see if it would work, but it filled my browser with errors.

I am not sure how people get this running on a shared hosting server with even more restrictions, but I hope there are plans to make it work with open_basedir, I also use php_value session.save_path, all that temp stuff could go into that folder, which is accessible from php but not from HTTP.

Tim

Community Member, 201 Posts

13 September 2007 at 10:51am

Hi Pringle's,

It would be really helpful if you could document the nature of the changes you have needed to make to get SilverStripe working for you. Making it easier to install is something we are putting a lot of time into, and it would be great to know the nature of your changes so we can make sure there is nothing we have missed.

Willr

Forum Moderator, 5523 Posts

13 September 2007 at 4:39pm

The daily builds should have all the fixs for open_base_dir so you might want to try that and see if that works for you

pringles

2 Posts

16 September 2007 at 3:09am

Edited: 16/09/2007 7:31am

ok I grabbed the daily build silverstripe.2.0.DailyBuild.2007-09-15.tar.gz

I'm running PHP 5.1.4, Apache/2.0.58, MySQL 4.1.20

first thing on load of install.php I see this on top of screen:

Warning: unlink() [function.unlink]: open_basedir restriction in effect. File(/tmp/K1kX6v) is not within the allowed path(s): (/var/www/ml) in /var/www/ml/htdocs/install.php on line 339

btw. sexy new installer :)

So ok I have everything filled out and ready to go, clicking install gives me the following on top of screen:

Warning: unlink() [function.unlink]: open_basedir restriction in effect. File(/tmp/EevJQv) is not within the allowed path(s): (/var/www/ml) in /var/www/ml/htdocs/install.php on line 339

Warning: session_start() [function.session-start]: Cannot send session cache limiter - headers already sent (output started at /var/www/ml/htdocs/install.php:339) in /var/www/ml/htdocs/install.php on line 516

Once it does its install thing and before the redirect, I get the following at the bottom after "checking mod_rewrite works":

Warning: curl_setopt(): supplied argument is not a valid File-Handle resource in /var/www/ml/htdocs/install.php on line 820
OK
Warning: fclose(): supplied argument is not a valid stream resource in /var/www/ml/htdocs/install.php on line 824

Warning: file_get_contents() [function.file-get-contents]: open_basedir restriction in effect. File(/tmp/rewritetest) is not within the allowed path(s): (/var/www/ml) in /var/www/ml/htdocs/install.php on line 825

Warning: file_get_contents(/tmp/rewritetest) [function.file-get-contents]: failed to open stream: Operation not permitted in /var/www/ml/htdocs/install.php on line 825

Warning: unlink() [function.unlink]: open_basedir restriction in effect. File(/tmp/rewritetest) is not within the allowed path(s): (/var/www/ml) in /var/www/ml/htdocs/install.php on line 826

Warning: fopen(/var/www/ml/htdocs/sapphire/.htaccess) [function.fopen]: failed to open stream: Permission denied in /var/www/ml/htdocs/install.php on line 684

Warning: curl_setopt(): supplied argument is not a valid File-Handle resource in /var/www/ml/htdocs/install.php on line 820
OK
Warning: fclose(): supplied argument is not a valid stream resource in /var/www/ml/htdocs/install.php on line 824

Warning: file_get_contents() [function.file-get-contents]: open_basedir restriction in effect. File(/tmp/rewritetest) is not within the allowed path(s): (/var/www/ml) in /var/www/ml/htdocs/install.php on line 825

Warning: file_get_contents(/tmp/rewritetest) [function.file-get-contents]: failed to open stream: Operation not permitted in /var/www/ml/htdocs/install.php on line 825

Warning: unlink() [function.unlink]: open_basedir restriction in effect. File(/tmp/rewritetest) is not within the allowed path(s): (/var/www/ml) in /var/www/ml/htdocs/install.php on line 826
# ERROR: mod_rewrite not working, redirecting to mod_rewrite test page

Warning: fopen(/var/www/ml/htdocs/sapphire/.htaccess) [function.fopen]: failed to open stream: Permission denied in /var/www/ml/htdocs/install.php on line 684
I will now try and direct you to rewritetest to troubleshoot mod_rewrite

rewritetest.php run gives :

Warning: curl_setopt(): supplied argument is not a valid File-Handle resource in /var/www/ml/htdocs/rewritetest.php on line 57
OK
Warning: fclose(): supplied argument is not a valid stream resource in /var/www/ml/htdocs/rewritetest.php on line 61

Warning: file_get_contents() [function.file-get-contents]: open_basedir restriction in effect. File(/tmp/rewritetest) is not within the allowed path(s): (/var/www/ml) in /var/www/ml/htdocs/rewritetest.php on line 62

Warning: file_get_contents(/tmp/rewritetest) [function.file-get-contents]: failed to open stream: Operation not permitted in /var/www/ml/htdocs/rewritetest.php on line 62

Warning: unlink() [function.unlink]: open_basedir restriction in effect. File(/tmp/rewritetest) is not within the allowed path(s): (/var/www/ml) in /var/www/ml/htdocs/rewritetest.php on line 63

Warning: curl_setopt(): supplied argument is not a valid File-Handle resource in /var/www/ml/htdocs/rewritetest.php on line 57
OK
Warning: fclose(): supplied argument is not a valid stream resource in /var/www/ml/htdocs/rewritetest.php on line 61

Warning: file_get_contents() [function.file-get-contents]: open_basedir restriction in effect. File(/tmp/rewritetest) is not within the allowed path(s): (/var/www/ml) in /var/www/ml/htdocs/rewritetest.php on line 62

Warning: file_get_contents(/tmp/rewritetest) [function.file-get-contents]: failed to open stream: Operation not permitted in /var/www/ml/htdocs/rewritetest.php on line 62

Warning: unlink() [function.unlink]: open_basedir restriction in effect. File(/tmp/rewritetest) is not within the allowed path(s): (/var/www/ml) in /var/www/ml/htdocs/rewritetest.php on line 63
mod_rewrite doesn't appear to be working. Make sure:

* mod_rewrite is enabled in your httpd.conf
* AllowOverride is enabled for the current path.

Forced continue, I'm at home/successfullyinstalled and its a blank page, home page shows up, but Security/login is a blank page. Disabling open_basedir after this installation provided me with blank pages all over.

Installing from scratch with same daybuild and open_basedir disabled works fine.

Matt

Community Member, 86 Posts

16 September 2007 at 7:19pm

I've sent this thread to Andy - he did a lot of work with getting SilverStripe to work with open_base_dir, so he's probably the best person to answer your question.