Skip to main content

This site requires you to update your browser. Your browsing experience maybe affected by not having the most up to date version.

Archive /

Our old forums are still available as a read-only archive.

Moderators: martimiz, Sean, biapar, Willr, Ingo, simon_w

Search results

5 Posts   2544 Views

Fuzz10

Community Member, 787 Posts

13 September 2007 at 10:20pm

Is there any way to change the behaviour of the built-in search ? I'm getting pretty weird search results :

- searching for 3 letter words doesn't seem to work at all
- searching for "blabla.com" seems to skip the "blabla" part and only search for the "com" part (resulting in a _very_ long resultslist).

Thanks !

Fuzz10

Community Member, 787 Posts

13 November 2007 at 2:50am

Anyone else notice this ?

dio5

Community Member, 501 Posts

8 December 2007 at 1:41pm

Didn't try yet what you are saying but I am interested in a few things about search.

- How to restrict search: for example:
When I'm on an articleholder, I only want the search to search in the articles (children), but when in a countryholder, I only want it to search on the children of that page.

- How to make it search more fields, currently it only seems to search in fields that are in SiteTree.

Macello

Community Member, 37 Posts

13 September 2008 at 11:10pm

i have the problem that the search spits the results that are including "ä" , "ö" etc. like this "ä" for example "Präzision" will be shown as "Präzision" in SS Search, that makes SS Search kinda useless for german Websites.
Where can i change that? would be great to get some fast answers.

Ah, and how can i change the collumn width of the results?

Cheers and thx already!

Macello

Community Member, 37 Posts

14 September 2008 at 1:47am

I need help for this: i can't get it right

http://www.studio83.ch/sfs/home/results?Search=versicherung&formController=home%2F&executeForm=SearchForm&action_results=Suchen