Skip to main content

This site requires you to update your browser. Your browsing experience maybe affected by not having the most up to date version.

We've moved the forum!

Please use forum.silverstripe.org for any new questions (announcement).
The forum archive will stick around, but will be read only.

You can also use our Slack channel or StackOverflow to ask for help.
Check out our community overview for more options to contribute.

Archive /

Our old forums are still available as a read-only archive.

Moderators: martimiz, Sean, Ed, biapar, Willr, Ingo

Installation troubles

Go to End

4 Posts   2303 Views

trevor

53 Posts

14 September 2007 at 12:25am

I'm having difficulties getting SS loaded onto a testing site.

I have downloaded and setup my site on a local machine but now I've come to load onto the web im having problems can someone help please.

When I goto install.php I fill in the relevant details and the database info but it always says can't access mysql db after clicking recheck.

I have manually tried a php script which connects to the db and prints the contents but for some reason the SS installation routine doesn't like it.

I really need to solve this as I have shown the system to a client and they really liked it plus I can enhance the system to meet some specific requirements but if I can't show this working on the web I won't get the business.

Many Thanks for a great product, I've been searching for a cms and instantly got SS and like its extensibility.

Regards

Trevor
PS saw the video at google and I'm based in UK and see one or two others with UK domains so you have a community here in UK too.

trevor

53 Posts

14 September 2007 at 7:41pm

Hi,

PHP version 5.2.1
MySql 5.0.27-standard

The message shown is that the access is denied. I have noticed that the user info I enter; because its different than the standard root; is not shown in the box next to the message Are the access credentials correct.

This is why I manually checked acccess with a simple script.

Any help greatly appreciated.

Thanks

trevor

samozin

Community Member, 3 Posts

13 March 2008 at 10:22pm

how to overcome this

Is the .htaccess file writeable? Unable to detect whether I can write to files. Please ensure C:/wamp/www/2/.htaccess is writable.
Is the mysite/ folder writeable? Unable to detect whether I can write to files. Please ensure C:/wamp/www/2/mysite is writable.
Is the tutorial/ folder writeable? Unable to detect whether I can write to files. Please ensure C:/wamp/www/2/tutorial is writable.
Is the assets/ folder writeable? Unable to detect whether I can write to files. Please ensure C:/wamp/www/2/assets is writable.

i made all files and folders needed writeable

so...?

trevor

53 Posts

13 March 2008 at 10:45pm

Hi,

Does the .htaccess file actually exist, you sometimes get this its not there. If so create a blank file and try again.

HTH

Trevor