Skip to main content

This site requires you to update your browser. Your browsing experience maybe affected by not having the most up to date version.

We've moved the forum!

Please use forum.silverstripe.org for any new questions (announcement).
The forum archive will stick around, but will be read only.

You can also use our Slack channel or StackOverflow to ask for help.
Check out our community overview for more options to contribute.

Archive /

Our old forums are still available as a read-only archive.

Moderators: martimiz, Sean, Ed, biapar, Willr, Ingo

SilverStripe 2.1.0-rc1

Go to End

17 Posts   48400 Views

Willr

Forum Moderator, 5523 Posts

14 September 2007 at 6:21pm

Yay!!

mandrew

Community Member, 37 Posts

14 September 2007 at 6:24pm

Edited: 14/09/2007 6:26pm

It's like all my Christmas' have come at once! Cheers to all that have put in so much work releasing this!

pr0ph3t

4 Posts

14 September 2007 at 11:12pm

first error

Installing SilverStripe...

I am now running through the installation steps (this should take about 30 seconds)

If you receive a fatal error, refresh this page to continue the installation
# Creating 'mysite/_config.php'...
# Creating '.htaccess' file...
# Building database schema...
# Checking mod_rewrite works
# ERROR: mod_rewrite not working, redirecting to mod_rewrite test page
I will now try and direct you to rewritetest to troubleshoot mod_rewrite

there its stuck...

and this is what i get after installation failure,,,

FATAL ERROR: None of these templates can be found: Page.ss, ContentController.ss
At line 67 in C:\wamp\www\silverstripe-v2.1.0-rc1\sapphire\core\SSViewer.php

testing done using latest version of WAMP with rewrite_module enabled and working with other CMSes...

cheers, hopefully you help me out maybe i do something wrong coz i'm new to Silverstriper

Sean

Forum Moderator, 922 Posts

15 September 2007 at 12:17am

pr0ph3t: Are you installing onto a completely new database, or overwriting an old one?

Cheers,
Sean

pr0ph3t

4 Posts

15 September 2007 at 12:55am

Edited: 15/09/2007 12:56am

me and matt (from your team) figured out what was the problem on IRC, ?flush=1 solved the issue. Database and installation was totally new.

imho
the theme engine you added needs to be updated for overall API during install

the
mysite/_config.php

SSViewer::set_theme('blackcandy');

line was not automatically updated thus page.ss and rest of files could not be found in themes directory where they suppose to be according to new SS structure

but i could be wrong i'm only few days with SS,,, thanks to packtpub.com's survey

dio5

Community Member, 501 Posts

15 September 2007 at 3:46am

Edited: 15/09/2007 3:56am

Installed and seems to work for me. The save & publish is a nice improvement.

The access tab seems to be what I need, but unfortunately in 'security groups' you can't set group member permissions for sections of the frontend - as suggested in http://doc.silverstripe.com/doku.php?id=permissions:codes.
It would be nice if we could set this on certain id's and include subpages as well.

So I guess this access-tab is for people who can login into the backend only?
I think this would be much more useful if this would allow us to control 'frontend' users as well.

null

Community Member, 2 Posts

15 September 2007 at 4:23am

Edited: 15/09/2007 4:25am

During new installation a i got this error:

Building database schema...

Fatal error: DATABASE ERROR: Couldn't run query: insert into `SiteTree_versions` SET `ShowInMenus` = '0', `ShowInSearch` = '0', `Status` = '', `Viewers` = 'Anyone', `Editors` = 'LoggedInUsers', `Title` = '', `Content` = '', `URLSegment` = '', `LastEdited` = '', `Created` = '2007-09-14 17:56:41', `ClassName` = 'SiteTree', `MenuTitle` = '', `MetaTitle` = '', `MetaDescription` = '', `MetaKeywords` = '', `HomepageForDomain` = '', `ProvideComments` = '0', `Sort` = '0', `LegacyURL` = '', `HasBrokenFile` = '0', `HasBrokenLink` = '0', `ReportClass` = '', `ViewersGroup` = '0', `EditorsGroup` = '0', `ParentID` = '0', `Version` = 1, `RecordID` = 1, `AuthorID` = 0 | Incorrect datetime value: '' for column 'LastEdited' at row 1 in E:\internet\apps\silverstripe-v2.1.0-rc1\sapphire\core\model\Database.php on line 368

Environment is:
WinXP/Apache 2.2.4/PHP 5.2.3/MySQL 5.0.45-community-nt

Sigurd

Forum Moderator, 628 Posts

15 September 2007 at 8:10am

dio: you can use the access tab to for the front end of the site. if you want anyone with a silverstripe account to be able to see it (e.g. similar to how a forum might work, where it is a fairly low barrier to the content), just choose "Anyone logged In"

If you want, say your fiends "Jane" and "John" only to able to access your "About Us" page, then
1. In the security section: Add a security group, of any name, e.g. "Special friends", and add Jane and John to those.
2. In the content section, choose your 'About Us' page, go to Access, and in the section "Who can view this page", choose "Only these people:" and choose the "Special friends" option.

If you could offer feedback on to make this more obvious, that'd be great :)

Go to Top