Skip to main content

This site requires you to update your browser. Your browsing experience maybe affected by not having the most up to date version.

Archive /

Our old forums are still available as a read-only archive.

Moderators: martimiz, Sean, biapar, Willr, Ingo, simon_w

SilverStripe 2.1.0-rc1

Go to End

18 Posts   46673 Views

Andy

230 Posts

14 September 2007 at 6:19pm

Announcing SilverStripe 2.1.0-rc1, the first release candidate leading up to the 2.1.0 release. It contains the following notable changes:

- Theme support
- Widget support
- Better extension API
- Unit testing framework
- Comment administration section, and comment moderation
- TinyMCE has been updated to 2.1.1.1

For a full list of changes see [url=http://doc.silverstripe.com/doku.php?id=changelog]the ChangeLog[/url]. Documentation for these features will be provided before the final 2.1.0 release, which will coincide with the release of the new blog module. You can download SilverStripe 2.1.0-rc1 from the following location:
[url]http://www.silverstripe.com/assets/rc/silverstripe-v2.1.0-rc1.tar.gz[/url]

Please test and provide feedback so we can make 2.1.0 nice and stable!

Thanks! :D

Willr

Forum Moderator, 5513 Posts

14 September 2007 at 6:21pm

Yay!!

mandrew

Core Development Team, 36 Posts

14 September 2007 at 6:24pm

Edited: 14/09/2007 6:26pm

It's like all my Christmas' have come at once! Cheers to all that have put in so much work releasing this!

pr0ph3t

4 Posts

14 September 2007 at 11:12pm

first error

Installing SilverStripe...

I am now running through the installation steps (this should take about 30 seconds)

If you receive a fatal error, refresh this page to continue the installation
# Creating 'mysite/_config.php'...
# Creating '.htaccess' file...
# Building database schema...
# Checking mod_rewrite works
# ERROR: mod_rewrite not working, redirecting to mod_rewrite test page
I will now try and direct you to rewritetest to troubleshoot mod_rewrite

there its stuck...

and this is what i get after installation failure,,,

FATAL ERROR: None of these templates can be found: Page.ss, ContentController.ss
At line 67 in C:\wamp\www\silverstripe-v2.1.0-rc1\sapphire\core\SSViewer.php

testing done using latest version of WAMP with rewrite_module enabled and working with other CMSes...

cheers, hopefully you help me out maybe i do something wrong coz i'm new to Silverstriper

Sean

Forum Moderator, 922 Posts

15 September 2007 at 12:17am

pr0ph3t: Are you installing onto a completely new database, or overwriting an old one?

Cheers,
Sean

pr0ph3t

4 Posts

15 September 2007 at 12:55am

Edited: 15/09/2007 12:56am

me and matt (from your team) figured out what was the problem on IRC, ?flush=1 solved the issue. Database and installation was totally new.

imho
the theme engine you added needs to be updated for overall API during install

the
mysite/_config.php

SSViewer::set_theme('blackcandy');

line was not automatically updated thus page.ss and rest of files could not be found in themes directory where they suppose to be according to new SS structure

but i could be wrong i'm only few days with SS,,, thanks to packtpub.com's survey

dio5

Community Member, 501 Posts

15 September 2007 at 3:46am

Edited: 15/09/2007 3:56am

Installed and seems to work for me. The save & publish is a nice improvement.

The access tab seems to be what I need, but unfortunately in 'security groups' you can't set group member permissions for sections of the frontend - as suggested in http://doc.silverstripe.com/doku.php?id=permissions:codes.
It would be nice if we could set this on certain id's and include subpages as well.

So I guess this access-tab is for people who can login into the backend only?
I think this would be much more useful if this would allow us to control 'frontend' users as well.

Cifro

Community Member, 2 Posts

15 September 2007 at 4:23am

Edited: 15/09/2007 4:25am

During new installation a i got this error:

Building database schema...

Fatal error: DATABASE ERROR: Couldn't run query: insert into `SiteTree_versions` SET `ShowInMenus` = '0', `ShowInSearch` = '0', `Status` = '', `Viewers` = 'Anyone', `Editors` = 'LoggedInUsers', `Title` = '', `Content` = '', `URLSegment` = '', `LastEdited` = '', `Created` = '2007-09-14 17:56:41', `ClassName` = 'SiteTree', `MenuTitle` = '', `MetaTitle` = '', `MetaDescription` = '', `MetaKeywords` = '', `HomepageForDomain` = '', `ProvideComments` = '0', `Sort` = '0', `LegacyURL` = '', `HasBrokenFile` = '0', `HasBrokenLink` = '0', `ReportClass` = '', `ViewersGroup` = '0', `EditorsGroup` = '0', `ParentID` = '0', `Version` = 1, `RecordID` = 1, `AuthorID` = 0 | Incorrect datetime value: '' for column 'LastEdited' at row 1 in E:\internet\apps\silverstripe-v2.1.0-rc1\sapphire\core\model\Database.php on line 368

Environment is:
WinXP/Apache 2.2.4/PHP 5.2.3/MySQL 5.0.45-community-nt

Go to Top