Skip to main content

This site requires you to update your browser. Your browsing experience maybe affected by not having the most up to date version.

Archive /

Our old forums are still available as a read-only archive.

Moderators: martimiz, Sean, biapar, Willr, Ingo, simon_w

Extending my site

Go to End

17 Posts   10568 Views

UncleCheese

Forum Moderator, 4094 Posts

26 September 2007 at 9:15am

I'm trying to extend my site to include an employee page, where users could upload a photo and enter a bio. I've created the class extensions in EmployeePage.php, but it doesn't seem to be updating the database because my new page type doesn't appear in the dropdown menu in the Behaviors tab.

I went to www.mysite.com/admin/db/build?flush=1 and it did a bunch of processing, but I don't see anything new.

What might be going on, here?

Fuzz10

Community Member, 787 Posts

27 September 2007 at 1:38am

You might have to flush the backend as well so it reloads all new classes / configs.
(e.g. www.xxx.com/admin/cms?flush=1)

UncleCheese

27 September 2007 at 7:58am

No luck. I checked my DB, too, and it doesn't appear to have done anything. This is what I have defined in /code/EmployeePage.php:

<?php
/**
* Defines the EmployeePage type
*/

class EmployeePage extends Page {

static $db = array (
      'Title' => 'Text',
      'Bio' => 'Text'
   );
   static $has_one = array (
   );

}

class EmployeePage_controller extends Page_controller {

}

?>

This should work, right? I'm following the tutorial for expanding a basic site.

trevor

53 Posts

27 September 2007 at 9:03am

Hi,

not sure if it makes any difference but when I add pageTypes I generally run www.xxx.com/db/build?flush=1 rather from under the admin section ie admin/db/build?flush=1

hey maybe worth a try.

regards

trevor

Fuzz10

27 September 2007 at 9:19am

Edited: 27/09/2007 9:20am

LOL..

Good one Trevor.. That has to be it.....

Your code should work UncleCheese...

trevor

53 Posts

27 September 2007 at 9:40am

hey i'm new to this only trying to help :)

So enlighten me if its not correct and the reason why instead of taking the mick.

I had this happen but then try again or do different things and then seems to work like logging out and back in and the page types are there maybe a cache thing didn't write everything down that did or didn't work.

Fuzz10

28 September 2007 at 12:22am

no no no !

I wasn't laughing at you !! I laughed at the situation that we totally missed the incorrect URL and were focussing on the code itself.

Sorry for the misunderstanding there ;-)

UncleCheese

28 September 2007 at 2:13am

Okay! The new URL should definitely work. I get prompted for a username and password when I navigate to it, though, and NOTHING WORKS!!!

I've tied my CMS login, my database login, and everything else imaginable. What's the deal? Where can I find this information?

Go to Top