Skip to main content

This site requires you to update your browser. Your browsing experience maybe affected by not having the most up to date version.

Archive

Our old forums are still available as a read-only archive.

Moderators: martimiz, Sean, biapar, Willr, Ingo, simon_w

2.1 upgrade -> CMS log-ing = FATAL ERROR

13 Posts   5406 Views

mn

2 November 2007 at 11:39am 6 Posts

To which file should I add URLSegment = 'home'?

Thanks in advance for the help. I had put together a pretty solid and customized SS site as a demo then put it away for a while. I saw the upgrade and wanted to give it a run through. Overall it seems to be a really excellent CMS solution.

Sean

2 November 2007 at 10:02pm Forum Moderator, 921 Posts

You should have a page that has the URLSegment 'home' somewhere on your site is what Matt means. You can check the database for this using phpMyAdmin in the SiteTree table.

Cheers,
Sean

mn

3 November 2007 at 2:56am 6 Posts

It turns out I do have a page with the URLSegment as home:

1    HomePage    2007-09-09 11:27:23    2007-09-10 17:18:54    home

Any other possible suggestions?

mn

4 November 2007 at 7:19am 6 Posts

I also tried Andy's suggestion to change the line of code:

if($this->dataRecord && !$this->dataRecord->can('View')) {

to

if($this->dataRecord && method_exists($this->dataRecord, 'can') && !$this->dataRecord->can('View'))

After implementing I receive the following error:

Fatal error: Cannot redeclare project() (previously declared in /home/.furbag/USERNAME/URL/sapphire/core/Core.php:80) in /home/.furbag/USERNAME/URL/sapphire/core/control/ContentController.php on line 104

Any thoughts?

I've added a number of custom templates and pages to the site I put up. Is there an easy way to save everything and just do a clean install of SS from scratch?

mn

4 November 2007 at 7:21am 6 Posts

Sorry - forgot the bracket to start the if statement when I implemented the code...

This is the error I get:

Fatal error: Call to undefined method stdClass::buildCastingHelperCache() in /home/.furbag/USERNAME/URL/sapphire/core/ViewableData.php on line 187