Skip to main content

This site requires you to update your browser. Your browsing experience maybe affected by not having the most up to date version.

Archive /

Our old forums are still available as a read-only archive.

Moderators: martimiz, Sean, biapar, Willr, Ingo, simon_w

You don't have permission to access /silver/rewritetest.php on this server Error

3 Posts   1662 Views

johnk

1 Post

12 October 2007 at 1:00am

This script has been recommended to me and i'm trying to test it on a personal server on my PC. The server is Uniform Server, it contains the latest Apache, MySQL and PHP. Other scripts are running fine. I downloaded the tar pack because I didn't want to load another server on my box.

The installation when fine. Very friendly and informative. I set all the folders to Read/Write. When I hit the install button the database htaccess etc., were populated, but I ended up with this message:

You don't have permission to access /silver/rewritetest.php on this server.

I get the same message when I try to run the script from index.php.

Any advice?

Thanks

John

robdinardo

2 Posts

20 October 2007 at 8:38am

Edited: 23/10/2007 7:28am

I get this same error during the installation. I am installing on a Windows XP PC that is currently running PHP 5.2.3 and MySQL 5.0.37. I have Drupal running with no problems.

Could this be a URL rewrite issue? mod_rewrite is on for me and Drupal uses rewrite rules without a problem. I made sure I had all requirements in green before clicking install. Now I cannot install again.

The only items that were orange were the messages that the installer could not tell if /mysite, /assests, .htaccess and another directory were writeable... but they are writable because when the installer was done, the .htaccess file had new content!

Please help.

robdinardo

2 Posts

23 October 2007 at 8:13am

Well, got a little further. Firstly, I added silverstripe.mydomain.com to the development text box on the installation screen and I changed some httpd.conf settings...

Maybe it was adding the silverstripe.mydomain.com to the development text box on the installation screen that allowed me to view results from the rewritetest.php page - which reports that there is still some errors. But I will click on "click here to proceed anyway."

Well, I clicked that link to force it, but I got another error:

"The requested URL /home/successfullyinstalled was not found on this server"

Should this be reported as a bug?